Agnes Crumplebottom (also known as Miss Crumplebottom) is a pre-created Sim. She resided, during her lifetime, in Pleasantview, one of the neighborhoods that ships with the games. She is the daughter of Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom, both of Pleasantview; she has an older sister, Cornelia Goth, and Mortimer Goth is her nephew. She is the widow of Erik Darling.
Life leading up to The Sims 3Edit
The young and unfortunate Agnes makes an appearance in The Sims 3. She lives in Sunset Valley in a very modern house. Her young husband, Erik Darling, is deceased. Agnes bears some resemblance to a World War II widow: her blonde hair is cut into Bettie Bangs, and her outfit, a short trench dress and Oxford shoes that sport stiletto heels, matches the fashion trends of the 1940s.
She is best friends with her sister, Cornelia Goth, despite the fact that she barely knows Cornelia's husband Gunther or son Mortimer. She is much younger than her sister, they have a difference of 20 days. Cornelia is an adult nearing an elderhood, and Agnes is a young adult nearing adulthood.
Agnes's bio states that she married Erik but didn't take his last name because he drowned on their honeymoon. His death left her bitter and lonely, though some players like to resurrect Erik with ambrosia or the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity. And since his ghost haunts their house, he scares away any possible suitors for Agnes. There is a partially-finished nursery in her house which includes a crib, a teddy bear and a giraffe picture, possibly because she and Erik were planning to have a baby.
She starts off with notable skill levels: as she has 6 in the cooking skill, and she is close to mastering her painting skill, having 8 points in it. In her inventory, she carries the novel Special Snowflake. She will often have the wish to join the Medical career, because of her Bookworm trait. When Sunset Valley is first played, Agnes is 6 days from being an adult.
Life leading up to The SimsEdit
It has been revealed that she is the "Miss Crumplebottom" in The Sims: Hot Date, and although many players think so, she is not the Mrs. Crumplebottom in The Sims 2: Nightlife. Her facial features are alike, such as the crooked nose, the eyes, and the lips.
By this time in her life, Agnes's emotional pain from her husband's death has caught up to her, and she had transformed into the dreaded Miss Crumplebottom. Because of her distaste for romance, she has become a very old-fashioned, stern, and strict woman who appears to abide by a moral code from the Victorian Era. For example, she detests when two Sims have any romantic interactions in public. When she sees any of these actions taking place on a community lot, she will promptly scold the Sims, smack them, or beat them with her purse.
Whenever Agnes enters a community lot, she doesn't just sit around waiting to smack someone. Agnes usually plays chess, but if someone joins her she will, sometimes, leave. Other activities includes dancing on the dance floor, ordering ice cream, nagging people, looking around the room, resting her head on a recliner, and playing the piano. If Unleashed is installed, Agnes will usually interact with the non-playable animals, such as iguanas and birds.
Like an NPC, she is very glitchy, contradicting her hatred of romance. She is sometimes a date to other neighborhood Sims and townies. She also washes her hands unusually, due to the fact that she always holds her purse. Like other NPCs from Hot Date, she has a different skin when she is nude. Agnes looks like a fit medium-skinned male when she is nude.
She wears a long, straight dress with a button-up overcoat, along with tight shoes, pearls, a pillbox-hat with a small flower-patterned pin, a tight bun, and her large, dark purse. Her dress is grey (unlike Mrs. Crumplebottom's dress, which is tan/cream). Her hair is grey and is always tied in a very tight bun.
The Official Prima Strategy Guide states that Miss Crumplebottom was the widow of famed philanthropist and puppeteer Robert Crumplebottom:
"Old Mrs. Crumplebottom is the widow of famed philanthropist and puppeteer Robert Crumplebottom. She spends her twilight years roaming the streets and shops of downtown, complaining about newfangled ways and loudly protesting the conduct of the latest generation of Sims. Nothing gets her goat faster than a public display of affection, her radar spots a kiss a mile away. If your Sims are getting fresh anywhere near the Old Prude, expect a thrashing from her purse in short order!"
However, the statement made by Grant Rodiek proved otherwise, creating a plot hole in The Sims' storyline.
Life leading up to The Sims 2Edit
She is deceased in The Sims 2 and buried in the Goth graveyard. It seems that when she died, her outfit was completely different; she had a much different hat and an almost "happy" face. Although it would appear that the old prude's reign of terror finally ended when she was laid to rest, the position was picked up by Mrs. Crumplebottom, a distant relative.
She bears a small resemblance to Veronaville's Julia Pantalone, as she has the same unused hairstyle and the same black widow dress as her. According to SimPE her hair was black before it turned grey, meaning that she dyed her hair blonde in The Sims 3. According to her age data, Agnes had 14 days left in the elder life stage when she died.
These are the quotes of Miss Crumplebottom from Hot Date.
- Disgusting! NEVER have I witnessed such a tasteless flouting of proper manners in all my days! As the young folks say, get a room!
- How dare you! This is a public area! Have you no sense of decency? We have standards in this town you know!
- The NERVE of some people! Public displays of affection in MY town? Not on my watch! Behave yourself!
- WHAT IS THIS!? Did you not know how they behaved in my time of the 1920's!? With DECENCY which you people have no knowledge of. My word...
- In every game, Agnes's eye color is different.
- In The Sims 2, while Agnes does not have a deformed facial structure when resurrected, she does have one as a ghost.
- In Barnacle Bay, there is a Sim who parodies her, named Agnes Seabottom. They share the Loner trait, a preference for classical music, and some of their appearances.
- There's a history book, titled "The Crumplebottom Legacy: A Tale" written by Terri Ledonur.[TS3]
- It should be noted that Miss Crumplebottom in The Sims: Hot Date is the widow of Robert Crumplebottom [TS1], while Agnes Crumplebottom in The Sims 3 is the widow of Erik Darling [TS3]. Assuming she only married once, this would create a plot hole in the timeline between Agnes and Miss Crumplebottom.
- The version of Agnes Crumplebottom in The Sims 3 bears a striking resemblance to the actress Barbara Stanwyck in the movie Double Indemnity.
- In one of the teaser trailers for The Sims 4: Get Together, Agnes Crumplebottom's name is shown indicating that she "liked" the video, albeit her first name is misspelt as 'Agnus'.
- When starting a game, Agnes will sometimes be sad, this may be due to the fact that her husband's death is fresh in her mind.
|Language||The Sims: Hot Date||The Sims 2||The Sims 3|
|English||Miss Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Dona Gertrudes||Agnes Rugabaixa||Agnes Rugabaixa|
|Chinese (Simplified)||艾格尼丝 克朗伯波顿|
|Chinese (Traditional)||坎布巴頓小姐||艾格妮絲 羅波巴騰||安妮絲 克蘭普巴頓|
|Dutch||Mevrouw Rimpelbil||Agnes Rimpelbil||Agnes Rimpelbil|
|European Portuguese||Natércia Fundoraso||Natércia Fundoraso|
|Finnish||Rouva Kurjenkaula||Elviira Kurjenkaula||Elviira Kurjenkaula|
|French||Mlle Ladentelle||Agnès Grodargeot||Agnès Ladentelle|
|German||Miss Knautschgesicht||Agnes Knautschgesicht||Agnes Knautschgesicht|
|Greek||Miss Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom|
|Hebrew||גברת קרומפלבוטום||אגנס קרומפלבוטום||אגנס קרומפלבוטום|
|Italian||Agnese Crumplebottom||Agnese Crumplebottom|
|Korean||아그네스 크럼플보텀||아그네스 크럼플보텀|
|Norwegian||Frk. Gråh||Agnes Rynkestjert||Agnes Rynkestjert|
|Polish||Panna Stanisława||Agnieszka Zadek||Agnieszka Zadek|
| Agnes Tolstopyatko|
| Agnes Tolstopyatko|
|Spanish||Señorita Traseroajado||Agnes Culoprieto||Agnes Culoprieto|
|Swedish||Fröken Rynkbak||Agnes Rynkbak||Agnes Rynkbak|
|Thai||มิสซิสครัมเพิ้ลบัตท่อน||แอกเนส ครัมเปิ้ลบอตท่อน||แอกเนส ครัมเปิ้ลบอตท่อน|
- ↑ The Sims 3 Demo With Grant Rodiek Part 1 (dead link)
- ↑ - The Sims 2 Nightlife Chat Transcript
- ↑ The Sims 4: Get Together DJ Trailer Teaser
|The Crumplebottom Family|
|Simon - Prudence - Cornelia - Agnes - Erik Darling - Robert - Mrs. Crumplebottom - Elmira Clamp - Ian Arneson|