hobbies in The Sims 2: FreeTime. Its secret lot is My Muse II - Art Studio. Having a sloppy or nice personality will raise the enthusiasm for this hobby faster.
Painters, photographers, tailors and potters are all bound by their love of art. Creativity is key for Sims to remain enthusiastic about Arts and Crafts.
Activities that raise a Sim's enthusiasm in arts and crafts are:
Available to toddlers and children:
- Drawing on the activity table[TS2:FT]
Available to children and up:
- Viewing art
- Viewing photo album[TS2:BV]
- Studying creativity from Books First for Learning: A Bookshelf of Education[TS2:S]
- Reading the Arts section of the newspaper or the At-Home Artist magazine[TS2:FT]
- Browsing web about arts and crafts[TS2:FT]
- Blogging about arts and crafts[TS2:FT]
- Telling stories about art[TS2:AL]
- Dreaming about arts and crafts
Available to teens and up:
- Flower arranging[TS2:OFB]
- Toy making[TS2:OFB]
- Sculpting pottery[TS2:FT]
- Taking pictures and posing by using the Luminous Pro Antique Camera[TS2:U]
- Taking snapshots with a digital camera[TS2:BV]
- Drafting a blueprint[TS2:FT]
Unlockable Interactions Edit
Gaining enthusiasm in this hobby can unlock these interactions:
- "Talk about Arts and Crafts"
- "Read Section ... Arts" in newspaper
- "Browse Web About Arts and Crafts" on the computer
- "Share Hobby Tips" with a Sim
- "Blog About Arts and Crafts" on the computer
- "Instruct in Arts and Crafts"
- "Be in the Zone"
- Uninspired Underling
- Finger Painter
- Crafty Creator
- Modern Artist
- Creative Champion
Hobby Instructors Edit
Befriending an arts and crafts hobby instructor will decrease the friends requirements by one for Sims who work in the Artist career, but strangely not for the architecture career.
All arts and crafts hobby instructors will all have gold talent badges in Pottery and Sewing, as well as Flower Arranging and Toy Making if The Sims 2: Open for Business was installed before the NPC is generated.