The Aspir family is one of the pre-made families in Desiderata Valley that came with the FreeTime expansion pack. The family includes Luis Aspir (whose hobby is Tinkering), his son Victor Aspir (whose hobby is Nature), Victor's wife Elizabeth Aspir (whose hobby is Arts and Crafts), and their daughter Pauline Aspir. There is a genie lamp in the attic.
Aspir: "to seek to reach," "aspiration," "earnest desire for something above one"
- Luis: a Germanic name, meaning "forth," "to offer," "wreath," "garland," "man". Many Kings of France used it, totally sixteen.
- Victor: "to conquer," "brave," "energetic"
- Elizabeth: "God is my oath"
- Pauline: "generous actions," "benevolent feeling", "small", "tiny"
- Noriko: From Japanese nori ("law, rule" or "code, ceremony") combined with ko ("child").
- Larisa: a Russian name, whose diminutive is Lara. It also refers to a Greek city, Larisa. If divided, it may be the Spanish for "La Risa", which means "The Laughter".
- Raul: a French name, meaning "brave counsellor"
- Paulina: the same as Pauline.
- Manuel: a very common name in Spain and Latin America. It means "God is with us" in Hebrew.
- Pavel: comes from the Latin "Paulus", meaning "small", "tiny","humble"
- Keesa: probably a short for Karelisa, a name referred to the region of Kareliya, who belongs to Russia.
Kimura: Means "tree village" in Japanese ki is tree and mura is village.
- Jiro: Means "second son" in Japanese, ro is son and ni is two but it turns in ji.
- Kumiko: Means "Long Time Beautiful Child" in Japanese. Ku, for long time, mi means beautiful, and ko is obviously child.
Una: in Spanish and Italian, it's the female form of uno, one. It also may sound like a Russian word.
- Yuri: a Russian androgynous name. The first man who went into space was Yuri Gagarin, a Russian cosmonaut.
- Mikhail: Russian for Michael, "who is like God?"
- Alexei: Russian for Alexander or Alexis, meaning "protector of the men" in Greek. It is also more commonly written as Aleksei in Russia, instead of Alexei.
- Katerina: Russian for Katherine, from Greek adjective katharos ‘pure’, meaning pure, chaste.
- Natasha: Russian for Natalie, which means "the one who was born in Christmas"
Nejem: Possibly Arabic for "star"
- Darius: it means "the powerful enemy" in Greek, and "our protector" in Persian. This is because of the war between Persia and Greece, and both meanings are referred to the same person, the King Darius.
- Jasmine: it means "beautiful as the flower". It's a Persian name.
- Cyrus: "the Great King" in Persian.
- Diana: Latin for "full of divine light". It is the Roman equivalent to the Greek Artemis, the ethernal virgin goddess, who lived in the forest with other nymphs. The twin of Apollo, daughter of Zeus and Leto.
Maximilian: "great", "big", "the maximum" in Latin. It is also a name.
- Gloria: literally glory, in Latin. With her surname, it may mean "The Maximum Glory"
- Vincent: the winner, in Latin. With her surname, it may mean "The Maximum Winner".
All the family names, combined, may form: "The Maximum Glorious Winner",or "The Gloria of the Maximum Winner"
- Luis Aspir
- Elizabeth Aspir
- Victor Aspir
- Pauline Aspir
- Noriko Aspir (Deceased)
- Raul Aspir (Deceased)
- Larisa Aspir (Deceased)
- Manuel Aspir (Deceased)
- Paulina Aspir (Deceased)
- In the UK version, the family biography refers Luis to "Louie," even though his name remains the same.