Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Bad Mood glitch is a bug in Late Night update, The Sims 3 Outdoor Living, The Sims 3 Generations and The Sims 3 Town Life that affects a Sim's mood.
This glitch only occurs on Windows and Mac OS X and is not present on The Sims 3 for Consoles and The Sims Medieval. The Sims 3 Late Night does not have this glitch nor does Fast Lane and prior but it will occur if the Late Night update is installed.
Info about the glitchEdit
This glitch causes a Sim to be in a bad mood despite not having negative moodlets. It is caused by the Well Rested Moodlet and the Nectar Machine. The value of the mood will be -100.
This occurs with the Well Rested Moodlet at +20 or lower; using cheaper beds will cause this. Making nectar in the basement also can cause this glitch. In addition, it can cause the following effects:
- Sim will not help with Homework.
- The player is not allowed to choose the Work Hard option at Work and School.
- The Mood score is lower than usual. In addition, the Mood score for Job performance and School performance is lower than usual.
- The sim cannot clean objects (unless they have the Neat trait).
- Actions cause the "Mood too low!" message when the player tries to use some actions.
This glitch set a Sim's neutral mood value to a negative number (-100) instead of a value of zero. This causes a Sim to be in a bad mood even if the Sim has no negative moodlets. Saving and then reloading the game will reset the value to zero (Normal value).
Methods of the glitchEdit
Well Rested methodEdit
This is caused by having a cheaper bed and sleeping on it. If the player lets the Sim sleep until they are Well Rested, the Sim will have the glitched Well Rested Moodlet that appears to give a mood boost as it is a positive moodlet. Later when the moodlet expires, the Sim will be in a bad mood. This occurs regardless if the Sim has any negative moodlets. This first appeared in Late Night via the 6.1 update but the glitch will occur even if the game's version is Fast Lane or earlier.
If the energy is filled but does not cause Well Rested such as Vampires having a vampire slumber or using the Moodlet Manager, the glitch will not occur.
This method only works in Late Night (6.1 update) through Generations but method of the glitch appears to be fixed in The Sims 3 Town Life (1.24).
This method requires World Adventures to be installed to have the nectar maker.
When a Sim makes nectar with the object, the Sim will be in a bad mood even if the Sim has no negative moodlets. Unlike the Well Rested method, this glitch is still present in The Sims 3 Town Life as seen in the image.
Good Mood glitch Edit
The Good Mood glitch is the opposite of the Bad Mood glitch. It can happen if a Sim fully sleeps on a high quality bed resulting in the Sim having a good mood despite having no positive moodlets. Unlike the Bad Mood glitch, this glitch is still present in the latest patch (1.67).
This glitch is actually beneficial to the Sim. These benefits include:
- Steady increase in Lifetime Happiness points without the need for positive moodlets.
- Increased job/school performance at a faster rate.
- Better social conversations and faster relationship increase.
Workarounds and preventionEdit
There are ways to fix this. The first 3 are EA supported but the 4th is a mod that fixes the glitch.
- Save the game and reload the game to reset the Mood.
- Use testingcheatsenabled to remove the Well Rested Moodlet (If less than +20 or higher than +30) and then save the game and reload. Use method 1 if the Sim is a Bad or Good Mood after reloading.
- Cancel the Sleep Interaction to prevent the moodlet from occurring.
- Use this Mod from Mod The Sims. (This mod will fix the glitch.)