Maxis created a likeness of Bella Goth and used it as a townie in Strangetown. This version is somewhat different from the Pleasantview Bella, but is acknowledged by Maxis as the same Bella. The fact that the Bella in Strangetown has no memories of her loved ones or past life is simply blamed on alien experiments during her abduction.
Some players decide to move her to Pleasantview and have Mortimer marry her. If the player gets Bella to move into a lot in Strangetown, they can move her house to the Lots and Houses bin. Next step is transferring her to Pleasantview by putting her house there. The player can make her get to know Mortimer by the use of cheats or have her move in to the Goth household, then start doing romantic interactions between the two. However, moving Sims between neighborhoods by way of the Family bin or the Lots and Houses bin has been known to cause corruption in the game.
Some players prefer to play the Bella Goth in Strangetown and consider her to be the real Bella because she has no connection to Pleasantview and is not tied with the Goth/Bachelor family tree, which lends credence to the theory that the alien experiments left her mind wiped. However, if a person were to look at her memories, they will see that she has Create-A-Sim memories. This has led many players to believe that the Strangetown Bella is a fake or perhaps a clone or drone that the aliens have placed in Strangetown themselves. However, technically, Strangetown Bella is not the same as Pleasantview Bella, but in terms of storyline the two Bellas are highly implied to be the same.
Strangetown Bella Goth shares the biography and personality with Bella Goth from Neighborhood 1. She is the only townie in The Sims 2 with a preset biography. Upon closer inspection, this version of Bella looks more like her father Simis Bachelor than Pleasantview Bella. This is mostly due to the fact that both Strangetown Bella and Simis' faces are based on the first facial template. Also, when edited in SimPe, her zodiac sign is not recognized.
Strangely, even though a Romance sim, Bella will often get good memories if engaged and/or married.
Strangetown Bella's names are erroneous in different languages. For example, in French, Bella is called Kathy Lalouche, while the Pleasantview Bella is called Sonia Gothik. In Thai, she's called "คิตตี้ คิวเรียส", which means Kitty Curious just like Kathy Lalouche.
- In SimPE, Bella is placed in the "Default" bin (that generates Sims according to neighborhood), and not the "townie" bin (that generates Sims regardless of neighborhood).
- Unlike other townies and NPCs, Bella is 28 days away from becoming an elder, while other townies and NPCs are 29 days away, indicating she may have been in active play (using live mode) before being made into a "townie".
- Sometimes, Bella will appear on recently installed lots (or houses), or meet Sims that have been played a majority of gameplay time. It is unknown if this is due to patches or normal gameplay logic.[clarification needed] Also, there is a high chance that she will be in Welcome Wagon.
- Often going unnoticed, the Pleasantview and Strangetown Bellas have different voices.
- Unlike other townies and NPCs, Bella has a preference for males. Most other townies and NPCs do not yet have a gender preference.
- If she is made playable, she will be the Sim to shove Vidcund Curious if he uses a telescope during daytime.
|Warning: Moving Strangetown Bella to Pleasantview has been known to cause corruption.|