Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the onomatology (study of names) page for Belladonna Cove.
Belladonna - A combination of "Bella" and "Donna" which -Combined- means "Beautiful Lady" in Italian
Cove - A small sheltered bay
The Baldwin family Edit
- Baldwin: "bold friend."
- Benjamin: "son of the south."
- Isabel: "girl," "lass," "sweetheart," "strumpet." Also, a Spanish form of Elizabeth.
- Sofia: from Sophos, "wisdom," "wise," "loving."
- Marcus: related to Mars, Roman god of war.
The Cho family Edit
- Cho: East Asian surname possibly from Japanese 蝶 (Butterfly) or Korean 조 (Zhao).
- Vivian: English form of French Viviane, meaning "lively".
- Etsu: Japanese name meaning 'delightful'
The Riley family Edit
- Riley: Variant spelling of "Reilly"
- Timothy: Comes from the Greek name Τιμόθεος (Timotheos) meaning honouring God, in God's honour, or honored by God.
- Sally: Diminutive of "Sarah".
The Cleveland family Edit
- Cleveland: a variant of cliff.
- Jason: From the Greek name Ιασων (Iason), which was derived from Greek ιασθαι (iasthai) "to heal". In Greek mythology Jason was the leader of the Argonauts.
- Marisa: Variant of "Marisa", which is an Italian, Spanish and Portuguese combination of "Maria" and "Luisa".
- Rutherford: Originally taken by families who lived near the town of Rutherford in Scotland. It means "cattle ford" in Old English. The name dates back to the 13th century.
- Geoff: Shortened form of "Geoffrey".
- Weir: ?
- Connor: Variant of Conor, which is an anglicized form of the Gaelic name Conchobhar which means "dog lover" or "wolf lover".
The Contender family Edit
- Contender: Meaning "To struggle in opposition", "To strive in rivalry", "Dispute earnestly".
- Carlos: Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan form of "Charles", meaning "Man".
The Cordial family Edit
- Cordial: Meaning "Of or for the heart," "heartfelt, from the heart"
- Samantha: Feminization of Samuel meaning "told by God"
- Kimberly: Kimberly is a South African diamond town name
The DeBateau family Edit
- DeBateau: French form of "Boat".
- Armand: French form of "Herman" which means "Army Man"
- Tara: Anglicized form of the Irish place name Teamhair, which possibly means "elevated place" in Gaelic.
The Peterson family Edit
- Peterson: Means "Son of Peter".
- Jessica: This name was first used in this form by Shakespeare in his play 'The Merchant of Venice' (1596), where it belongs to the daughter of Shylock.
The Patel family Edit
- Patel: A South Asian surname, land, unit of land.
- Ana: Shortened form of "Anna".
- Ramir: Catalan form of Ramirus.
The Green Household Edit
- Green: Descriptive name for someone who often wore the colour green or someone who lived near the village green.
- Gabriel: From the Hebrew name גַבְרִיאֵל (Gavri'el) meaning "God is my strong man". Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition.
- Gere: Variant of Geer, Gehr or Geary, all related to the Old High German element gēr (Old English gār, Old Norse geirr) meaning "spear, arrow".
- Chastitiy: From the English word chastity, which is ultimately from Latin castus "pure".