Once the map is found, Sims will be able to access the secret lot in Three Lakes. If a Sim becomes friends with the Bigfoot, he can be invited to move in. It is not under the usual "Propose.../Move In" menu, but once a Sim has a high enough Daily Relationship and a few Lifetime relationship points, an "Ask Bigfoot to move in" interaction will become available. Once moved in, all Sims in the household will receive a memory of Bigfoot joining the family. While Bigfoot will become selectable on the hidden lot, he will not leave with the Sims' family immediately, citing the need to collect his belongings. He will appear by the mailbox when they return home from vacation.
A new Bigfoot is generated whenever one is moved in. A player could, therefore, collect several of the Bigfoot clan in a Sim's household.
Living with BigfootEdit
Bigfoot walks differently from other Sims, and he hunches over slightly when doing so. He is also able to offer Sims a "Bigfoot hug", and Sims may roll a want of being hugged in this manner. Other than that, Bigfoot is like a normal Sim, with the same motives. Bigfoot can be used in a player-owned business or hold a regular job. Bigfoot has 10 points in all skills and gold badges in every talent. Bigfoot has one default work uniform — a blue waistcoat and a small bowler hat — and will always go to work in that outfit. Almost every day, Bigfoot returns from work with a gift from his employers. Bigfoot does not require friends to gain promotions, and because he already has maximum skills, Bigfoot only needs to show up to gain promotions. This means Bigfoot can easily become a great money maker.
While Bigfoot has the same needs as other Sims, he tends to them differently; Bigfoot will never autonomously take showers or baths, even when his hygiene is low. He will also eat constantly even if he is full. When his motives are critically low, he goes on a "rampage" of sorts, pounding his chest, yelling, breaking household objects, and using Scare, Fight, and Irritate interactions on other Sims. If Seasons is installed, he is impervious to cold weather but can get very hot, though he cannot become sunburned.
Bigfoot has a +5 relationship bonus with dogs and children, making him a good dog trainer or babysitter. However, cats are not too fond of Bigfoot, though it is still possible for them to maintain positive relationships.
Bigfoot cannot engage in any romantic interactions, meaning that Sims cannot fall in love or get a crush on him, and they cannot WooHoo with him; thus, it is not possible for Bigfoot to father his own children. He can be abducted by aliens, though he will not return pregnant. It may be possible for him to adopt a child, however.
Bigfoot also acts as a good deterrent for burglars; if one shows up, Bigfoot will immediately wake up and scare them away.
There is a hidden NPC named "Bigfoot Bigfoot" which can be summoned through the use of the Tombstone of Life and Death. When summoned, Bigfoot Bigfoot is simply an ordinary Sim with Bigfoot's appearance and thus does not have the same animations as the regular Bigfoots have. Bigfoot Bigfoot also lacks the ability to give "Bigfoot hugs" and can, unlike other Bigfoots, get married and have children. However, adding this NPC to the household is not safe and may cause corruption. "Bigfoot Bigfoot's" primary purpose is to provide a template for the game to create new Bigfoot characters, and is never seen in-game under normal circumstances.
More about BigfootEdit
- There is more than one Bigfoot. Each Bigfoot has a first name, with the last name being Bigfoot. However, there is only one in-game Bigfoot at a time — when a Bigfoot is moved in, another takes his place.
- Befriending Bigfoot will fulfill a vacation memento.
- The only aspirations available to Bigfoot are Knowledge, Fortune, Popularity or Grilled Cheese; these are selected randomly when Bigfoot is generated. Bigfoot cannot use the ReNuYuSenso Orb or the ReNuYu Porta-Chug to change his aspiration. If FreeTime is installed, Bigfoot cannot select Family, Romance, or Pleasure as a secondary aspiration.
- In The Sims 3, one of the thought bubbles that can appear above a Sim that has the coward trait's head when they are scared shows a white creature that resembles Bigfoot or possibly the Yeti. He also appears on the KidZone channel on the television.
- In The Sims 3: Generations, a moving close-up image of Bigfoot accompanied by loud growling is shown in the "Scary Computer" prank.
- There is a cutout of Bigfoot standing around the park in The Sims 3: Pets
- Each Bigfoot is voiced by David Boat, with the exception of "Bigfoot Bigfoot" who is voiced by Stephen Kearin.
- All Bigfoots summoned with the Mailbox using cheats are voiced by Stephen Kearin. This is probably because these Bigfoots are just normal Sims disguised as Bigfoots.
- If the player has Apartment Life, the witches can summon Bigfoot using the boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true/ make me know everyone cheat and the neutral spell Appello Simae, even if Bon Voyage isn't installed. However, without Bon Voyage, there is no mesh for Bigfoot and the summoned Sim will be a dark skinned, red haired man with white eyebrows, green eyes and the 18th face template.
- Players may be able to summon him with cheats or mods such as The Sim Blender or the Insimenator. This may require expansion packs later than Bon Voyage. Without Bon Voyage, the dark skinned, red haired, white eyebrowed version of Bigfoot will appear.
- Even though the NPC Bigfoot appears to have dark skin without the Bigfoot mesh, examining his SimDNA in SimPE reveals that his genetics are for medium skin.
- Most teens, adults and elders (unless they have Knowledge as their primary aspiration) will fear meeting Bigfoot, while children and Knowledge Sims will want to meet him.
- All Sims will, after meeting Bigfoot, often roll the fear of being scared by him.
- ↑ If the player installs a new expansion pack with new talents, a Bigfoot living with Sims won't update his talents.
- ↑ If Sims are living in an apartment with Bigfoot, the gifts he brings home will be stuck near the apartment style mailbox on the lot, unable to be moved unless the boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false cheat is used.