Official itemBody Shop is a tool that came with The Sims 2. It is formally known as 'CaSIE' (Create-A-Sim Independent Editor).
It can be used to create entire Sims as well as custom content for Sims. Custom content and Sims created in Body Shop can be placed into the game through Create a Sim. Body Shop also allowed the Sims and content created in it to be packaged and uploaded to The Sims 2 Exchange, before TheSims2.com was shut down.
Body Shop allows users to access hidden content within the game files and enable it for use in Create a Sim, or create their own content within the game files and enable that.
It can be used to delete some types of custom content. However, this should be used with caution, as deletion may be enabled for some Maxis content. Players should not attempt to delete Maxis content from within Body Shop, as that is likely to corrupt game files.
Each expansion pack and stuff pack has its own version of Body Shop, so a player with several Packs will have several versions, each with its own shortcut. Players should use the version which came with the most recent Stuff Pack or Expansion Pack they own.
- Players should exercise patience when loading Body Shop, as the Body Shop screen may take several minutes to appear. This may be caused by excess custom content, or by bloated cache files. It can also happen if groups.cache has been deleted.
- Body Shop was not always updated to reflect features added in expansion packs. While FreeTime made gym clothes available to children, the Body Shop for FreeTime does not recognize this. Likewise, while CAS recognizes the jewelry option for Bon Voyage and later, Body Shop does not.
- The Sims 2 Body Shop Tutorial 1 at the Wayback Machine (archived January 10, 2012)
- The Sims 2 Body Shop Tutorial 2 at the Wayback Machine (archived January 11, 2012)
- MTS2 Creating Sims
- MTS2 Body Shop Recolouring Introduction