trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with Coward and Loser. It's first available at birth.
Brave Sims are fearless individuals that will fight fires, wrangle burglars and work to protect those around them.
Advantages and disadvantagesEdit
Sims are never scared and if there's a fire, they will put it out. They also deal with burglars. With a Human or Vampire, it can be useful when exploring tombs as they won't be scared by bugs and never get the "Fear" moodlet. They won't be scared by Ghosts and Vampires (Which vampires cause the Hunted Moodlet). This trait is useful for Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighter and Ghost Hunter Careers. Simbots always start with this trait and have the above effects like Humans and Vampires do. As SimBots start with Brave, players should be wary of humans or vampires with Coward or Loser since these traits conflict with Brave.
If Supernatural is installed, Brave Sims will confront vampires and "Accuse (them) of Being a Vampire" which is a Mean interaction, leading to an automatic confession which can and will anger a Brave Sim who also has the Supernatural Skeptic trait, or otherwise lead to the Brave Sim "Feeling Awkward".
- A Brave Sim will never panic, even in emergencies (unless there's an earthquake). If there is a fire they will put it out rather than panic, allowing them to handle it more easily.
- The Sim has the "Fight" interaction available when a burglar appears, allowing them to fight and chase the burglar away without needing to rely on the police.
- The Sim can do better than others in the Military, Law Enforcement and Firefighter careers.
- Brave Sims have better luck asking their bosses for raises.[confirmation needed]
- Brave Sims will not be scared by ghosts, nor will they be disgusted by SimBots. [TS3:A]
- Brave Sims will not experience the "Creepy Graveyard" moodlet when visiting the cemetery at night.
- Brave Sims will never get the "Fear" moodlet. [TS3:WA]
- SimBots always start with this trait. [TS3:A]
Examples of brave Sims in The Sims 3Edit