Brigit the Maid is an NPC in The Sims, and is notable for being the first maid in The Sims series. She wears the typical French Maid outfit. Sims cannot socialize with her and only options that appear when she is clicked on are "Fire" and "Dismiss."
Appearance in The SimsEdit
Brigit first appears in The Sims. She charges §10 per hour. She makes beds, cleans bathrooms, sprays roaches, mops up floods, washes dishes, and disposes of trash, pet droppings, and ashes from fires. She arrives around 10 AM and stays until 5 PM or until all her jobs are done, unless the player has a household Sim "Dismiss" her before then.
- If she is trapped on a lot, she will teleport out and will not come back the next day.
- In The Sims: Makin' Magic, if she and Bonehilda encounter each other on the same lot, she'll get scared, quit, and a message will appear informing the player about the incident.
If either of these things happen, she will return if a household member calls to hire her again.
Appearance in The Sims (console)Edit
Brigit reappears in console versions of The Sims. As in for PC version, she charges §10 per hour. She is unlocked after the player's Sim cleans up the Reality Bites house. She lives in The Maid's House with her two children, Ester and Deezy. Oddly, she is an NPC while Ester and Deezy are playable.
Appearance in The Sims Bustin' Out (console)Edit
Brigit appears again in The Sims Bustin' Out for console, where she is very similar to her other counterparts. She still charges §10 per hour and she is unlocked once the player's Sim fulfills their bladder need at Mom's House. Unlike her appearances in The Sims for PC and console, she wears white gloves.
- According to The Sims 2 Trivia game during installation, she is the producers' favorite NPC.
- In The Sims Bustin' Out for console, she can be killed by the Mutant Plant and become a ghost. When she does become a ghost, she still cleans messes, but cleans them faster as she can walk through walls, objects, and even other Sims.
- Oddly, there are headshots of Brigit stored in character files of default maids in The Sims 2, such as Kaylynn Langerak and Genesis Lam. They can be found using SimPE, and are in the format that was used by character files in The Sims. The reason they are there is unknown, though it is possible that it might be just one of many Easter eggs: