|Game:||The Sims 3: Late Night|
Bubble bars are similar to oxygen bars or waterpipes in real life. They provide fun for up to four Sims at once. They have appeared in all three of the main games in The Sims series, but the name "bubble bar" was not used until The Sims 3: Late Night.
The Sims: House PartyEdit
Bubble blowing has been used for centuries to take away the day's stress, while relaxing with friends and relatives. This elaborate Turkish-style bubble blower has the multi-blower functionality of the original but with updated color scheme. While some see this as a break with tradition, 68-year-old Amuh Bakhid notes, "It matters not what pipe is used...it is the bubbles that matter."
The Super Schlooper Bubble Blower appears in The Sims: House Party, and costs §710. Using it causes Sims to giggle.
The Sims: SuperstarEdit
Dr. Halaster, a spokesman for the Energize! Oxygen Bar, had this to say when asked bout the benefits of Oxygen Therapy: “The Oxygen Bar is helpful with a wide variety of health problems, including but not limited to increasing stamina, improving your sleeping patterns, improving skin and hair condition, and improving digestive system regulation.” Special oxygen face mask attachments are designed to mold comfortably to any Sims face. Warning: keep away from open flames.
The Sims 2: UniversityEdit
The White Rabbit Bubble Blower appears in The Sims 2: University. It costs §1,720, and can be used by up to 4 Sims at a time. Sims using it will giggle and levitate. It satisfies the Fun need, and also satisfies the Social need when used by more than one Sim.
The Sims 3: Late NightEdit
Bubble bars in The Sims 3: Late Night have six different flavors. Though each flavor costs the same in every venue - §15 - each affect Sims differently. In order to get the effect of the flavor, Sims must spend a couple hours blowing bubbles uninterrupted. Be sure not to let a Sim pay for using the bubble bar too close to closing time or they'll have to leave before the effect sinks in.
- Banana: Gives the 'Banan-ahhhhhhhhh' moodlet for 2 hours, providing +15 mood.
- Chocolate: Gives the 'Chocolate Chuckles' moodlet for 2 hours, providing +15 mood. May also increase a Sim's success with telling jokes.
- Cotton Candy: Gives the 'Sugar Rush' moodlet for 4 hours, providing +15 mood and allowing them to ignore a low Energy motive.
- Mint: Gives the 'Minty Breath' moodlet for 2 hours, providing +5 mood.
- Pineapple: Gives the 'On a Beach' moodlet for 2 hours, providing +15 mood.
- Strawberry: Gives the 'Social Strawberry' moodlet for 2 hours, providing +15 mood. May also provide some bonus for building relationships.
These moodlets may only appear after an extended use of bubble blowing depending on the flavors.
- The bubble bar can produce shapes if the player practices with it for a little while. The possible shapes are a llama, a plumb-bob, a star, a heart, and a regular. A Sim playing with bubbles gains the secret Bubble blowing skill.
- The Bubble Bar is a reference to a hookah, a device used for smoking flavored tobacco.