trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the Technophobe trait.
Computer Whizzes love spending time on the computer. They are great at tinkering with computers and can even make money as a hacker if they choose.
- Computer whizzes can hack on the computer between 9PM and 7AM to earn money, see Hacking
- Computer whizzes can hack into Venue listings to be able to get into VIP areas without being a celebrity.[TS3:LN]
- The more a Sim hacks, the better their hacking skill and the more money they will earn.
- Computer whizzes have 50% more fun playing computer games than other Sims.
- Computer whizzes make friends more easily over the computer.
- Computer whizzes will improve their logic skill 10% faster than normal when playing chess on the computer.
- Computer whizzes shown new gizmos by Rebels (or possibly ex-Rebels), unless the two of them are friends, will brush off the Sim and show off a gizmo of their own. This decreases the relationship and causes the computer whiz to be "Bored".
- Computer whizzes can overclock computers regardless of Handiness skill level, or if they've even learnt the skill. Overclocking can either do nothing, break the computer or give it either the "Unbreakable" or "Improved Graphics" upgrade.
- Computer whizzes take 60% less time fixing computers and 25% less time upgrading computers.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Science Fiction genre.
- NPCs with this trait are attracted to the following lot assignments: Library
Possible Lifetime Wishes Edit
- Chess Legend
- The Tinkerer
- Forensic Specialist : Dynamic DNA Profiler
- International Super Spy
- Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder
- 'Talk about Computers' social interaction is available.
- If a Sim learns this trait, they have the option to talk about this to the Sim with the trait.
- 'Whiz on Computer' social interaction is available.
- 'Enthuse About Technologically Advanced Car' social interaction is available.
- Computer Whiz Sims can "Whine About Broken Computer" to other Sims if they have recently broken their computer after using it.
Computer whiz SimsEdit