|The "Concoctanation Station"|
|Game:||The Sims: Livin' Large|
A Sim needs at least one cooking point to be able to use this item. Using this item increases a Sim's logic skill. However, if the Sim using it has a low logic skill, potions being made can easily blow up in the Sim's face, or go drastically wrong, creating a horrible smell that will waft around the neighborhood, causing the police to appear and fine the Sim. Having a full logic skill (10/10) greatly reduces but does not eliminate the possibility of explosions or release of stench. Also, if it is used outdoors during school hours, the police will come and fine the user, even if the potion is made successfully. (They will even come if a Sim drinks a potion during school hours, but only if it's done outdoors.)
If a guest or friend that is in the house drinks any potion in the chemistry set, they will suddenly walk out of the house and cannot be interacted with.
The potions and their usages are as follows.
- Blue: Sims are more likely to make this potion than any other. It maxes out three random needs (even if the needs are full enough) and can be extremely useful. Even if the potion is made indoors, the police will come over and fine the Sim.
- Yellow: This reverses a Sim's personality. The reverse works simply on the 10-point scale; a Sim who had had 3 Nice points, now has 7 Nice points, and so on. However, changed personality can be reverted back if the Sim makes another yellow potion and drinks it. If a personality scale is at 10, it goes to 0, and if it is at 0, it goes to 10. So, for example, a nice Sim becomes a grouchy Sim, or vice versa. As soon as a Sim drinks this potion, they will automatically use a random interaction on another Sim, and this will affect their relationship (for example, if a nice Sim drinks the potion, they become a mean Sim, and will go to any person in the household and use a random mean interaction on them, and their relationship will suffer).
- White: This can cure sickness, although it rarely appears. It will not appear unless the Sim using the chemistry set is sick, and most times, the Sim may not be cured.
- Purple: This turns a Sim into a monster for a set amount of time (3 to 4 hours). When this happens, the player will lose control of the Sim. The monster will wander around the house to use items, which they always end up breaking, especially the television (unless it's a flat screen). They also have a tendency of waking up sleeping Sims who are in the same room. If easels are available, the monster will use them and paint the same picture that children paint, but will paint it quicker. And if a burglar happens to appear, Sim can drink the potion. Causing the monster to find the burglar and scare him off.
- Red: This makes the drinker's worst enemy of the opposite gender in the neighborhood fall in love with them and appear next to them. Whether Sim is nice or not decides what happens next. If the Sim is already in a relationship, their spouse will become jealous when they see this happen. For some reason, if a male Sim appears, it will commonly be Mortimer Goth.
- Orange: This render the Sim invisible for a space of time (for 12 - 18 hours). Invisible Sims can't do much; they can interact with other Sims, but those Sims can't interact back, and the relationship will not be affected. They can also use the bathroom if another Sim is using it without being told to leave.
- Dark Green: This makes a reverse clone of the Sim, which will wander around and eventually disappear. During this time, the clone will use mean interactions on any people there, even their original self. As a result, the Sim's relationships with other people will deteriorate greatly because they will mistake the clone for the actual Sim.
- Light Green: This potion drops all of the Sim's Need bars so that they are almost empty. Should a Sim brew this potion, it is best not to drink it and instead sell the chemistry set and buy a new one, for your Sim could die 2:43 hours later if you leave him/her alone.