Ways to increase Creativity Edit
- Playing the piano(s), guitar(s),[TS:LL][TS2:U] drum set, bass,[TS2:U] violin, or synthesizer[TS2:FT]
- Playing the xylophone (Toddler only)[TS2]
- Draw on the activity table (Toddler or child)
- Painting a picture on an easel
- Using the SensoTwitch Lie Finder from the Criminal career track[TS2]
- Using the AquaGreen Hydroponic Garden from the Slacker career track[TS2]
- Singing Karaoke[TS2:NL] or singing on the mic[TS2:AL]
- Writing a novel using the computer[TS2]
Creativity, like many other skills, is used only to advance in certain careers. As Sims gain creativity points, their playing will change and sound better, and paintings will sell for higher prices. When the Creativity skill is maxed, a Sim told to "paint" will eventually produce a "masterpiece", which can be sold for much more than a non-masterpiece painting, possibly satisfying a want.[TS2] Similarly, Sims who write a novel will eventually write a "bestseller", which will sell for a larger sum of simoleans. Also, Sims can play for tips with any instrument starting with the University expansion pack. Sims with higher Creativity will get tipped more.
Also there is the chance that nearby Sims will cheer for the playing Sim. If the Sim is a bad player, they may find themselves booed.
In The Sims 2 Pets, a new Paint custom painting feature was added. Sims with 5 or higher creativity skill can paint custom pictures from files in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Paintingsdirectory. Sim can crop, fit, or fill the picture to fix the preferred size as the canvas. This feature is carried forward to newer Expansion Packs.