He first appears at the Silver Rocket Service Station, but later (once the player buys Bella Goth's house) will offer the player a ride into Paradise Place if they get Mambo Loa's doughnuts for him. Since then, he will appear in the streets of Paradise Place.
He will give the player §800 for getting started in their new home. Deputy Duncan will also share what he knows about the residents in the neighborhood, and the troubles involving the graveyard and the garbage man shortly thereafter.
The garbage man is missing, but he doesn't know where to find him, which he reiterates with a very sarcastic remark. Then the player will need to examine the garbage truck abandoned outside the Beaker house.
The player also finds out that Paradise Place was built on a graveyard, upsetting the dead. They come out every night from 10:00pm–6:00am to wreak havoc on the neighborhood for disrespecting their burial grounds.
The player can earn money by playing the mini game Smack-A-Ghoul and/or collecting garbage and selling it to the shopkeepers as they use the trash for a recycling program. After that, his role in the game is not important anymore, but he can still be used for upgrading relationships and discovering secrets.
Deputy Duncan's secrets from The Sims 2 (PSP):
- (Personal): Mambo Loa used to teach Duncan's music class in kindergarten.
- (Intimate): Duncan developed a young crush on Mambo Loa, and kept it secret for years.
- (Dark): When Mambo Loa rejected Duncan's advances, he started STALKING her!
- (Ungrateful Dead): Deputy Duncan says that Paradise Place is built on an old cemetery!
- His name is probably a reference to Dunkin' Donuts, since the national chain is the target of many jokes about police officers.
- His patrol car resembles a 1975 Dodge Monaco.