Theories about why Dina Caliente appeared in Barnacle Bay.
Barnacle Bay is not after The Sims 2 It's simple, is that I think that the creators did not intend to take Dina and Nina back to The Sims 3 Because they are quite young, and those in The Sims 3 are old people. When mortimer and bella were kids were not even born sisters, but the ancestors could have been. But many are fond of the sisters so they made them in Barnacle Bay, and they did not do well because the personality and appearance is bad made. Don is included, because the trailer to Riverview we see him teleport there. So Dina and Nina Caliente came back, because it was just only to play them, nothing to the story.
- They both were born in Pleasantview and as children moved to Barnacle Bay although I don't think she would have have been put in Sunsetvalley because Mortimer is only a child.
- She and Nina most likely were born in Pleasantview and simply moves to Barnacle Bay upon growing up, since they come to know Don who is currently in Riverview. I imagine the creators wanted to release this, hoping most would have Mortimer's coup grown at that point.
- My theory is that Dina pushed Don into the teleportation pad because she was in love with him and she wanted to escape with him, and the limit of the pad was one person. Dina followed, hoping to end up where Don was going. Nina knocked on the door and opened it and saw Dina getting onto the pad. Dina jumped on, and Nina quickly ran to her, not knowing that it was a teleportation pad. Nina tripped and fell onto the pad. Don was transported to Riverview, and Dina was transported to Barnacle Bay, much to her disappointment because there was a good chance she would never see Don again. When Nina tripped onto the pad, she also ended up in Barnacle Bay. Bakerychaz 02:39, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Which probably caused several distortions in space and time, resulting in the continuity mess that is Sunset Valley/SimValley/Old Town/Pleasantview/Beacon Bay.
- I think the creators of the Sims games just wanted to put them in the game to get players excited about the game.
- Dina and Nina are older than they are they took the elixir of life and moved to Pleasantview thats why they are young adults in the sims 3 or it coluld be that they went back in time but in the sims 3 they are young adults and in the sims 3 they are adults same with Don
- Time travel again! Guilherme Guerreiro 19:05, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think it is time travel, as her bio gives a hint that Barnacle Bay already existed at the same time Pleasentview did. I think she just changed cities for a fresh start. --- » Яσdяigσ X [̲̅т̲̅α̲̅l̲̅k̲̅][̲̅b̲̅l̲̅σ̲̅g̲̅] « 19:08, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm very sure it's time travel because all of the neighborhood in TS3 have timeline about 50 years before TS2. Remember Riverview also a downloadable neighbourhood, too; and Don Lothario was back in time. There could be a story that happen in the sims timeline, some inventor has create a time machine and use that for travel in time, but there was an accident and he can't return to TS3 while somebody in TS2 be kidnaped to TS3 by that time machine accident. Each of them wake up in another place, Don wake up in Riverview, Caliente sisters wake up in Barnaclebay and... Kaylynn Langerak wakes up in Pleasantview (her origins are from TS3)... All of them do not have any place to live, so Don has to live in a granary, Caliente sisters have live in Luisa's house and Kaylynn, somehow get a maid job and earn a little money (maybe from Daniel Pleasant). That's an answer for all timeline mistake of TS3
- I think I might know what happened. Maybe each city is in a different time (which explains that Mortimer Goth and Bella Bachelor being children in Sunset Valley), while some others existed at the same time (in this case, Pleasantview and Barnacle Bay).
- I think she lived in Pleasantview until Don left and then got bored and moved to Barnacle Bay
- I don't think it was time travel like how Don left. I think Barnacle Bay exists a few years later than TS2 time. Maybe Mortimer died, and Don time-traveled, leaving the sisters with no guys to love. (Well, maybe Darren Dreamer and Daniel Pleasant, but I think something happened to them too, possibly to be revealed in another EP.) So they moved and started up another love triangle in Barnacle Bay.
- I know that the other neighborhoods are supposed to take place before TS2, but I'm pretty sure that the neighborhood that these twins live in takes place shortly after TS2. Why it is this way I don't know, but thats the only reasonable reason i can think of. The creators should have told us that this enighborhood takes place after, cause now everyone's confused. LOL
- the Goth found out Dina was a gold digger and locked her into Mortys time machine as punishment and sent her back and time and Nina chased her back in time to CUZ THEY WILL NOT LET THE GOTH LEGACY DIE :)
- They must have time traveled becouse Barnacle Bay and Sunset Valley and all the neighbourhoods are in SimNation and logicaly they must have same timeline so they time traveled in the past (I don't know why?) and they didn't have where to stay so they are in Louisa's house... logical enough isn't it ?
- Dina found out that Don was cheating with Nina and both sisters fought him and Nina pushed him into a teleporter and laughed at him because they would never see him again . Then just in case Don came back they moved to Barnacle Bay . (My theory is backed up by the fact that in Dons Bio , it says all he remembers is several women laughing at him and then he found himself here and in Dinas bio it says " Can she break hearts like she did in Pleasantview ? " ) So Barnacle Bay is after The Sims 2 .
- Well on her page, found here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Dina_Caliente , it says that in sims 2 she was an alien. Maybe aliens are immortal and stay the same age LOL.
it must be time travel because she is older than mortimer
- Remember when Don stepped on a teleporter and went to Riverview? Well probably the Caliente Sister stepped on another teleporter and went to Barnacle Bay (in my theory). Heads up! 02:07, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I think Cassandra and the Caliente sisters were seeking revenge upon Don Lothario cheating life style. They found one teleporter and threw Don in there. Dina and Nina laughed at the man, until Cassandra threw them into the teleporter too. As result of the confusion in the distortion of time and space, Don ended up in Riverview and the Caliente sisters in Barnacle Bay. (Sorry for the bad English, I'm brazilian Dx) - Bak Jhonny.
- I think that Barnacle Bay is actually set after The Sims 2, and Nina and Dina moved there a little while after The Sims 2 (I'm saying that because nobody else from the previous sims games is in Barnacle Bay, and there is no clues pointing to Time Travel)
EA just wanted those two back, its JUST THAT SIMPLE.
- There is NO proof that Barnacle Bay takes place after The Sims 2! In her bio, it says that Dina wants to break hearts in Barnacle Bay like she did in Pleasantview, but that's no proof! She and Nina could have time travelled and Dina decided that. THERE'S NO PROOF! Bakerychaz (talk page) 06:59, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
- My theory is that Dina found out Nina was also seeing Don. They got over it though, and tried to get revenge. So they called their alien relatives to abduct Don. The aliens got Nina and Dina and went to abduct Don. But they came when Bella Goth was there, abducted them both and dropped Don off in Riverview after wiping his memory. Nina and Dina were sick of guys, and now wanted to just break their hearts. They asked the aliens to take them to Barnacle Bay, to date and dump a new town and so nobody would figure out what they did. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
- I think they lived in Barnacle bay first and then come an ailien and took them to the future in Pleasantview. August 9, 2012 by: Funkey Kong
- I think Dina and Nina Caliente are just for play, not for storytelling. Players are just requesting for them, and EA made them badly and not connected to the storyline. That's the bad side of EA, if they want to make it, they make it perfectly, but if a player request for a sim to come back, they made it badly. I bet Maxis wouldn't do that, and if Maxis is still working with EA, The Sims 3 would be better--Anne (talk to me) 02:07, October 26, 2012 (UTC)