Don Lothario is one of the pre-made Sims who lives in Pleasantview in The Sims 2 and Riverview in The Sims 3. He reappears in The Sims 4 and resides in Oasis Springs, where he has been given a significant appearance change. The Sims 4 is confirmed to be in an alternate reality, so Don's life doesn't follow the previous series' continuity.
Life leading up to The Sims 2Edit
Don Lothario resides in Pleasantview, one of the neighborhoods that ships with The Sims 2. He has black hair in a Pompadour hairstyle, and wears a maroon striped top and blue-grey jeans. According to the neighborhood back-story, Don is the local womanizer, holding down relationships with four women at once. He is in love with both of the Caliente sisters, Nina, with whom he had his first kiss, and Dina. He appears to prefer Nina over Dina. His other lovers include Cassandra Goth, to whom he is engaged at the start of the game, and Kaylynn Langerak, a maid. Don is also involved in the plot surrounding Cassandra's mother, Bella. The back-story tells players that Bella was mysteriously abducted and never returned home. However, she was supposedly last seen at Don's home and rejected his attempt for 'Making Out'. It is said that Bella went to Don's house to welcome him to Pleasantview and was never seen again.
Don is the only child of Adriana Lothario and Nicolo Lothario. When first playing the Goths, Don and Cassandra will be in the backyard, which will be set for a wedding. If the player tries to marry them right away, Don will usually leave her at the altar unless their relationship is improved. (Being a Romance Sim, he has a negative memory of getting engaged to Cassandra. However, he will get a positive memory of a successful marriage to her, as Romance Sims don't get negative memories for marrying rich Sims.)
When Don is first played in The Sims 2, he is 28 days away from becoming an elder and is an Intern in the Medicine career track. He has 3 mechanical, 2 logic, and 4 cleaning skills, which are required for his job. Because Don has reached level 4 in the Medicine career, he is able to purchase the Medicine career reward when the household is first played.
He lives in a condo at 150 Main Street, and has around §980 in funds. He looks a lot like his father. Don is just short from having top fitness, yet he has no body skill points. He may have lost these points when he got an electric shock, as his memories may suggest. He seems to take after his paternal grandparents, Carmelo and Mama, as he shares their Romance aspirations, while both of his parents and maternal grandparents have the Fortune aspiration.
Don Lothario appears to have composed a self-help CD series: the BENNO CD Tower, a Sculpture item from the IKEA Home Stuff pack, mentions "the complete Don Lothario self-help CD collection" in its description. Even though he is a womanizer, he has no Charisma skills - contrary to what players would think about him. In one of the Goth family storytelling images, he has an unused hairstyle. He also has memory of meeting Mortimer Goth, but he doesn't appear in Don's relationship panel.
Life leading up to The Sims 2 for consoleEdit
In The Sims 2 for consoles, Don is a womanizing mean fellow who loves to woohoo. He and the Caliente sisters, despite clearly being full-grown adults, live at a youth hostel owned by retired boxer Toothless Joe. The player gets access to the hostel by letting fashionista/jester Larry Liu run, causing unbridled chaos in his boss, Chantel Leer's, stately Oriental home.
Life leading up to The Sims 3Edit
Don appears in Riverview. The family bio reads "Don woke up one morning in a whole new world. He remembers stepping onto a teleporter, several women laughing, then nothing else until he found himself here..." "Here" refers to an old granary, abandoned for years and waiting for nature to demolish it, that is, until Don showed up. Don's bio reads "Don Lothario was facing a big choice between marriage and continuing to be a man about town. Will his "accidental" teleportation to a new town change his old ways?" It's possible that the laughing women are (some of) his lovers, though that is unconfirmed.
There is no sure way of knowing how he was teleported into the sleepy town of Riverview, but afterward, Don seems to have either simply moved into the old granary or bought it somehow. (He possibly worked for some time.) Don's story in The Sims 3 seems to have started a few days after Don was teleported to Riverview since the old granary was (poorly) furnished and Don owns a car. One theory is that the granary was owned by the McDermott family, then Don appeared and they gave it to him as a house (since Don knows Luke McDermott and he does have a huge farm nearby). This is also hinted at in a preview for Riverview in which Don teleports into the McDermott garden. His appearance changed a bit; he now has lighter skin and a new shirt. Oddly, while Don was fit in The Sims 2, he is thin in his appearance in Riverview.
Don was the only character for whom the events of The Sims 3 apparently follow on from those depicted in The Sims 2 (that was, until the Caliente sisters returned via Barnacle Bay). For all the other returning characters, the game acts as a prequel rather than a sequel to the previous titles. Therefore, Don’s chronology within the series is unique. As in The Sims 2, Don has the personality of a Casanova and he has the lifetime wish to become a heart breaker.
Life leading up to The Sims 4Edit
Don appears in Oasis Springs in The Sims 4 base game, residing in a house with Dina Caliente, Nina Caliente, and their mother Katrina Caliente. It has been confirmed that this version of Don exists in an alternate universe to that of previous games.
Don is a Young Adult, 20 days away from becoming an adult. He has a tattoo on his right upper arm. Despite the family bio suggesting that he has moved in to the household as Katrina's boyfriend, he is in fact only acquaintances with all three Caliente women. The bio also hints that he will eventually become involved with Dina and Nina, as in previous games. Don is unemployed at the start of the game, and has three skill points in Fitness. Like his original timeline counterparts, his aspiration is to carry on multiple romantic relationships.
- In the beta version of The Sims 2, Don had an unused hairstyle. It was a wavy, medium-length pompadour with an unusual texture. This hairstyle was removed from the game and cannot be accessed without the use of custom content. In one screenshot, Don was also seen wearing a blue sweater and tan pants, none of which can be found in his closet.
- In The Sims 2 console version, Don has brown eyes and seems to use the scrapped haircut from the beta screenshots of The Sims 2.
- Oddly, while Don supposedly tried to make out with Bella Goth, he does not know her if she is brought back in The Sims 2. Also, he has no memory of actually meeting her outside of getting rejected for making out. Because of that, if Bella and Don interact with each other, the game treats them like they never met.
- In The Sims 2, Don Lothario is voiced by Stephen Kearin, the same person who voices various other Sims like Darren Dreamer and Nervous Subject.
- In The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and The Sims 2: Celebration! Stuff, during the startup loading screen, one of the scrolling strings says "De-inviting Don Lothario".
- In The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, when examining the "Big Ol' Glory" Tree Ring, messages can appear saying: DL+CG, DL+DC, DL+NC, DL+KL. This is a reference to all of Don Lothario's loves in Pleasantview (Don Lothario + Cassandra Goth, Don Lothario + Dina Caliente, Don Lothario + Nina Caliente, and Don Lothario + Kaylynn Langerak).
- In The Sims 3, one of the beds is entitled "The LuxurLove Bedset from Lothario Designs", meaning that his family may have had a designer business.
- In The Sims 3, on the top floor of Don Lothario's granary, there is a dollhouse, teddy bear, and rug in a corner of the room. Why there is a toy area in his house when Don has no children is unknown, but could be because the McDermotts, who may have given him the granary, have two children.
- In The Sims 3, Don's hair and facial hair are black, but his eyebrow color is brown, meaning that he probably dyed his eyebrows brown.
- In The Sims 3: University Life, Don is the author of "Social Networking Vol. 2: Cyber-stalking And You", the Social Networking skill book.
- A Sim named Don Baxter of Waterside (a cut neighborhood) bears a small resemblance to Don Lothario. They have a similar hairstyle, clothing, and both have the Romance aspiration. Don Baxter may have been an early version of Don Lothario.
|Language||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
|English||Don Lothario||Don Lothario||Don Lothario|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Don Lotário||Don Lotário|
|Chinese (Simplified)||邓恩 罗萨里奥|
|Chinese (Traditional)||唐納文 羅塔歐||唐 勞薩瑞歐|
|Czech||Don Juan||Don Lothario|
|Danish||Dan Lobothomsen||Dan Lobothomsen|
|Dutch||Stefano Bigoli||Stefano Bigoli||Don Lothario|
|European Portuguese||Damião Lotário||Damião Lotário|
|Finnish||Toni Lorula||Toni Lorula||Toni Lorula|
|French||Don Lothario||Don Lothario|
|German||Don Lotario||Don Lothario||Don Lothario|
|Hebrew||דון לות'ריו||דון לות'ריו|
|Korean||돈 로사리오||돈 로사리오||돈 로사리오|
|Norwegian||Jeppe Lothario||Jeppe Lothario||Don Lothario|
|Polish||Don Lotario||Don Lotario||Don Lothario|
|Russian||Дон Лотарио||Дон Лотарио||Дон Лотарио|
|Spanish (Spain)||Juan Tenorio|
|The Lothario Family|
|Carmelo - Mama - Nicolo - Adriana - Don|