If The Sims 2: Seasons is installed, the seasonal progression of the neighbourhood is; Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring.
Downtown does not come with any families ready to play, or in the Sim Bin. However, there is a family of ghosts that can be resurrected and played, the Tricou family as well as the Tricou family victim, Rainelle Neengia. Most of the Tricou family are buried in Gothier Green Lawns, the graveyard next to the family mansion. Across the road from the water tower there is a crashed UFO site which is a significantly smaller crater than Strangetown's, this may be a reference to the SimCity games, and their infamous UFO attacks.
Downtown has a wide variety of townies and also where Grand Vampires lurk. Wait there for about an hour at night, a Grand Vampire should show up. Going downtown is free of charge, as is going from one lot to another.
Sims may dine at restaurants. Sims can buy all food that can be prepared by a Sim with maxed Cooking skill, except for instant meals and snacks. Players who want a Sim to eat for free have two options:
- Skip out on the bill, which involves getting out of the restaurant before being seen by the host/ess.
- A Sim who eats at many restaurants may get coupons for a free meal in the mail.
Downtown offers many community lots, and these lots are the main attraction of Downtown and The Sims 2: Nightlife itself. There are various kinds of lots, including nightclubs, restaurants, karaokes, bars, hangouts, bowling alleys, boutiques, groceries, and so on. These lots contain many elements that reflect nightlife lots. If The Sims 2: University is installed, some lots will feature objects from that Expansion Pack as well, such as Sellafone Gadget Kiosk, bubble blower, pool table, and many University decors.
Some residential lots are also featured in Downtown. Some of these houses are starter homes, and all of them contain a driveway, and possibly a garage attached to it. Most of these houses are remodeled version of the pre-made houses in the Lots and Houses bin that were shipped with Nightlife.
Residential lots Edit
Community lots Edit
Deceased Sims Edit
- A common mistake is that it is thought that Sims can not live in Downtown, though this is possible.
- When Sims attempt to skip out on the bill, if no one is at the stand waiting for a seat, the host/ess will follow the Sim who is attempting to skip.
- Sim has a better chance of getting away when skip out on the bill if he or she has a car, as calling the taxi and waiting for it to come takes too long, and the Sim might get caught while waiting for it to arrive. With Bon Voyage or later, the player can have the Sim walk off the lot, which should also be quicker than calling the taxi.
- Sim can make skipping out the bill easier with the Ninja Teleportation skill[TS2:BV] .They can teleport around until the timer hits zero or just try to find a place the host/ess can't get into such as bathroom.