The Sims: Makin' MagicEdit
Upon purchasing a dragon egg, Sims need to interact with it. The color dragon that will hatch depends on how many times they interact with the egg.
- 0 to 6 interactions: Red dragon
- 7 to 13 interactions: Gold dragon
- 14+ interactions: Purple dragon
The nest should be kept after the dragon hatches, as the dragon will use it as a bed.
Colors of Dragons Edit
- Red dragons are very likely to set large objects on fire. Generally they start burning things as soon as they hatch. The dragon's name is Burnie.
- Gold dragons are a bit more disciplined, but won't shy away from torching surrounding objects if it is neglected. The dragon's name is Pyritie.
- Purple dragons are very friendly and hardly ever set things on fire. However, even purple dragons are very difficult creatures to maintain and can still cause fires especially if the dragon is neglected. The dragon's name is Torch.
Caring for a DragonEdit
Sims should interact with their dragon frequently and restock on supplies from Magic Town when their dragon's treats and toys have gone. Besides torching various items around a lot, dragons can torch visiting Sims as well, resulting in the death of the victim. Dragons eat flowers around the lot, especially yellow daffodils. They may also eat spoiled food and trash piles. Toads are a special Dragon delicacy, so when Sims have a Dragon, they should be extra careful using the Toadification spell if they ever want to see their neighbors again.
The Sims 3 StoreEdit
Dragons return as interactive small pets that can hatch from dragon eggs. A dragon egg can be purchased in Buy mode for §395. There are four types of dragon: Green, Purple, Red, and Armored Black. Each dragon will give a special moodlet when Sims hold them, which will increase certain motives: energy and hygiene for Red dragons, hunger and bladder for Green dragons, fun and social for Purple dragons, and energy and hunger for Armored Black dragons. Some players[who?] consider dragons a form of cheating in the game.
A Green dragon is a dragon that hoards and protects treasures. It also helps Sims with gardening. A Purple dragon is a dragon of sunshine and happiness that also loves to socialize and party. A Red dragon is a fearless and aggressive dragon that can torch the enemies of Sims and singe them. The Armored Black dragon is a mysterious dragon. It has the ability to transform Sims into zombies[TS3SN], summon ghosts, and reward the Sim with a death flower. The Armored Black dragon is only available if The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire Venue, which can be downloaded separately, is also installed.
The chances of hatching a particular type of dragon can be increased by using certain interactions while it's still an egg. "Gossip About Love of Fire" interaction increases the chance of getting a Red dragon, "Talk About Friends" for Purple dragon, "Talk About Weather" for Green dragon, and "Converse about Existentialism" for Armored Black dragon.
- The dragons can be sold for §1,000 each, making them profitable as a way to make cash.