Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Onomatology (study of names) of the families in Dragon Valley
Dragon: comes from the Latin word "draconem" meaning a huge serpent, itself from the Greek "drakon", meaning a serpent or giant seafish.
Valley: comes from the Latin word "Valles" meaning a valley or vale.
- Cromos: unknown
- Riley: May have derived from the Irish surname Reilly, which is a shortened form of a name meaning honorable tribe. As an English surname, it may come from a place name meaning 'rye catcher'.
- Zoe: This means 'life' in ancient Greek, and is a translated version of the name Eve.
- Delaney: This can come from the Irish surname 'Ó Dubhsláine', where 'Dubh' means black, and 'sláine' is the name of a river. It can also be derived from the Norman surname 'DeLaney'.
- Dorren: A version of Doran, which means 'stranger' or 'exile' in Irish.
- Emma: Comes from the German word for 'universal'.
- Dolan: An Anglicised version of the Irish surname 'O'Dobhailein', which contains the word 'dobhail', meaning unlucky.
- Finn: This comes from Irish and means 'white' or 'fair'. It was the name of Finn Mac Cumhail, a legendary Irish warrior.
- Sarah: Means 'princess' and comes from Hebrew.
- Byrne: An Anglicised version of the Irish 'Ó Broin', where 'Broin' is derived from 'bran', meaning raven.
- Wynn: Means 'fair' or 'pure' in Welsh.
The Eames Family Edit
- Eames: Comes from the Anglo-Saxon, and means son of 'eme', where 'eme' means uncle.
- Martin: Means 'warlike', or 'of Mars', who is the Roman God of war.
- Maeve: An Anglicised form of the Irish Gaelic name 'Medb', which means intoxicating.
- Liam: A shortened version of the name 'Uiliam', which in turn came from the Frankish name 'Wilahelm', which means 'helmet of war'.