Electronics is a Buy mode category in which the player can purchase stereos, computers, TVs, video game hardware, alarm clocks, fire and burglar alarms, phones, and other electronic devices for their Sims. Most of these items fulfill the fun motive for Sims.
Some classes of electronics, such as TVs and computers, may occasionally break down. Broken electronics may be repaired by a hired Repairman or by controllable Sims. Unlike in the case of plumbing objects, Sims run the risk of electrocution if their Mechanical or Handiness skill is too low when repairing an electronic object.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- Contains a range of televisions and computers
- Contains the jukebox and a range of speakers.
- Contains a range of telephones.
- Contains smoke detectors and burglar alarms.
The Sims 2Edit
In The Sims 2, the electronics category contains five subcategories:
- This subcategory contains various electronic toys and games designed to fulfill Sims' fun needs, including remote control vehicles, video games and pinball machines.
- TVs and Computers
- A fairly self-explanatory subcategory containing a variety of televisions and computers, ranging from basic sets costing only a few hundred simoleons to large, expensive flat screens.
- Small Electronics
- This subcategory contains various clocks and phones as well as smoke and burglar alarms.
- This subcategory covers all other items which don't fit into the other categories, in this case mainly those intended for use on community lots, such as vending machines, cash registers and a ticket machine.
The Sims 3Edit
There are four electronics subcategories in The Sims 3:
- This subcategory contains a range of television sets.
- This subcategory contains a range of computers and laptops.
- This subcategory contains various stereos.
- This subcategory contains burglar alarms, fire alarms, clocks, game consoles and arcade games.
The Sims 4Edit
There are five electronics subcategories in The Sims 4:
- Various television sets can be found in this subcategory, along with some TV stands on which to place them.
- This subcategory contains a range of computers and tablets.
- This subcategory contains various stereo and speaker systems.
- This subcategory contains a smoke alarm and sprinkler system. Unlike in previous games, there are no burglar alarms.
- This subcategory, as always, covers items which do not fit into the other subcategories, although some items, such as the tablet computer, appear both in this category and another. Also, as there is no longer a separate 'entertainment' subcategory, gaming systems can now be found here. Other than that it mainly consists of clocks, cash registers and, if Get to Work is installed, a variety of scientific machines.