|Elixir of Life|
|Game:||The Sims 2|
|Price:||30,580 aspiration points|
Perfect for those who like their idle water-cooler chats to go on for ages . . . literally! Gather round this decorative glass urn and sip the sweet nectar of prolonged youth as your Sim resists aging.
The Elixir of Life is the most expensive aspiration reward in The Sims 2, costing 30,580 aspiration points. Each bottle of Elixir of Life has five uses, but there seems to be no limit on the number of times the Elixir will work for a Sim. It extends the life of a Sim by 3 days, but cannot be used by babies, toddlers, or children. As with other aspiration rewards, the name of its inventor is not mentioned, but it is widely believed that it may have been invented by Mortimer Goth .
The Elixir of Life extends the life of a Sim by 3 days. It does this by "rolling back the clock", so if an elder has been using it during their life, the bar which indicates their age will not show how long they've actually lived. The Elixir of Life only extends a Sim's time in the life stage they're in, it cannot send a Sim back to an earlier life stage.
If the Sim's aspiration bar is below gold, there is a chance that the Elixir of Life will have a negative effect, and make the Sim age 3 days. This can send the Sim into the next life stage, even if that stage is death. However, if the aspiration bar is green, there's still a 50 percent chance of success. An elder who is near death from old age may decide that chance is worth taking.
- When the Elixir of Life is empty it looks like a normal looking empty water cooler, (it can be a stylish extra to a Sim's office.)
- It has been confirmed that the cow plant is the source of the Elixir of Life.
- It has been reported that using the Elixir of Life while pregnant may interfere with the pregnancy.
- Young adults can drink the Elixir of Life, but there is no reason for them to do so, as it will not have any permanent effect on them. While it will change the number of days that SimPE shows they have in their adult lifespans, this change will only be visible while they are at college, and will not be kept after they transition to adulthood.
- Servos do not age, but if a Servo drinks the Elixir of Life, it will affect the Servo's Power motive. If a Servo is in gold or platinum aspiration, drinking the Elixir can give it a quick recharge.
- Vampires can consume the Elixir of Life, but simply feel "refreshed" or "drained," and will not age or become younger.
The player can get five more uses if he/she enables the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat, shift+click the Elixir of Life, selecting "Force Error" and then "Reset".