Embarrassed is an emotion available in The Sims 4. It occurs when a Sim pees themselves, walks in during someone's "business" in a bathroom, or gets into other embarrassing situations. This emotion can evolve into very embarrassed and then mortified. Mortified Sims can die if their embarrassment is prolonged. Shameless Sims cannot be inflicted with any Embarrassed moodlets, and thus, they cannot be very embarrassed or mortified. Children and Teens may cry from embarrassment.
Interactions and Activities Edit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while embarrassed.
- Ask for reassurance
- Self-deprecating joke
- Share insecurities
- Have a cry(teens and children only)
- Laugh At Embarrasement (Child and Teens Only)
- Hide from everyone (bed)
- Give yourself a pep talk (mirror)
- Tell self-deprecating jokes (social interaction)
- Hide in the trash can(children only)
- Confess Embarrasing Moments (Private Journal - Children and Teens Only)
- Discuss Embarrasing Mood.
Supportive Traits Edit
These traits affect how often a Sim is embarrassed.
- Loner Sims tend to get Embarrassed during social interactions.
- Kleptomaniac Sims will be embarrassed when they are caught.
- Unflirty Sims will become embarrassed if they receive a failed romantic interaction or failed reprimand public to other sims
Object Auras Edit
These are items found, bought, or earned in the game that can emit a embarrassment aura in the area around the object. Players can choose to enable or disable the aura at any time. Once enabled, a Sim can interact with the object, through viewing or using it, and they will earn a embarrassed moodlet. Whether their mood changes to embarrassed or not depends on the other moodlets affecting the Sim at that time.
Dying From Embarrassment Edit
When Sims are Mortified, they have a chance of dying of embarrassment, or Extreme Mortification! Some common examples of getting Mortified are:
- Peeing Self (if in public, this is enough to kill a Sim)
- Rejected from wedding proposal
- Having privacy invaded
- Being socially awkward
- Failed mischief interactions (hacking, prank calls, etc.)
- Get caught cheating
- Cheat to get the emotion
- Feeling frumpy after performing the Freshen Up interaction
- Mood Swings (teens only, however, it gives them the Mortified emotion)
As mentioned above, the Shameless trait protects a Sim from all Embarrassed moodlets. As a result, it also eliminates the risk of death from being Mortified.
Careers and JobsEdit
No Careers benefit from the Sim being Embarrassed or have it as their Ideal Emotion.