Evil Sims love the dark, take great delight in the misfortune of others and prefer to lead a life of as far away from goodness as possible.
Advantages and disadvantagesEdit
Evil is the recommended trait for the Criminal career and allows players to choose the Lifetime Wishes of the Criminal career (Evil or Thief). Similar to the Good trait, Evil Sims can donate money for a positive moodlet, but the money is given for the purpose of sabotaging the charity. While it does have one conflict, Evil Sims will get along with most Sims. In addition, Evil Sims can steal Candy from a Baby, Troll on the Forums and get the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet when misfortune strikes nearby Sims. The Evil Trait does not give the Sim "It's Dark" moodlet if in a room without light.
- Sim will get a "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet when misfortune strikes nearby Sims!
- Sim doesn't mind a lack of light, A dark lair is welcome!
- Sim will excel in the criminal career track.
- Sim will fare well in most fights.
- In The Sims 3: Showtime, an Evil Sim can ask the genie for World Misery instead of World Peace like Sims without the Evil trait.
- If mermaids[TS3:IP] have the Evil trait, they have the special ability to Summon Sharks.
- If witches from The Sims 3: Supernatural have the evil trait, they can summon poisoned apples by command, where as regular witches can chose to summon normal apples and only summon a poisoned one by accident.
- An Evil Sim will laugh when mourning a dying Sim who isn't of much importance or was their enemy, but will cry if the Sim who has died was part of their family or was their best friend. Regardless, witnessing a dying Sim will give them the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet for a few hours.
- The Sim can Steal candy from newborns and Toddlers.
- Other Sims will be cautious around evil Sims once the trait is discovered, Good Sims or Sims in the Law Enforcement career track especially so.
- The Sim can donate to undermine charities once a day by clicking on the mailbox.
- The Sim can do many things with an evil twist, such as "Wash Hands with Evil Soap", or "Do Evil Dance." However, it doesn't have any impact in gameplay.
- The Sim can acquire a Red Glow on reaching the top of the Criminal track. The glow terrifies Cowards, disgusts Good Sims, and delights other Evil Sims. It might also cause other Sims to gasp and run from the glowing Sim in fright.
- Sim has a keen interest in death, as they will often have wishes to visit the graveyard, see a ghost, or see the ghost of a living Sim.
- Evil Sims and Mean Spirited Sims tend to get along, unless the Mean Spirited has the Good Trait.
- Sometimes when walking into a room, an Evil Sim will rub his or her hands together and laugh maniacally.
- Evil Sims won't be scared by ghosts, vampires, or bugs. This works a bit like the Brave trait.
- Evil Sims are affected differently from other Sims by crying babies: while non-evil Sims will get the negative moodlet "crying baby", Evil Sims around crying babies will get the positive moodlet "Fiendishly Delighted".
- Evil sims can "Shakedown" other sims for money[TS3:SN].
- Become a Master Thief
- The Emperor of Evil
- Gold Digger
- Most vampires have this trait but Wogan Hemlock and a few others do not.
- The original icon of the Evil trait appears to be the same, but with horns. This version appears in The Sims 3 for console.
- Evil Sims and Mean-Spirited Sims can be friendly towards each other. However, the Evil trait conflicts with the Good trait, just as the Mean-Spirited trait conflicts with the Friendly trait. Oddly, though, Evil sims can also be friendly, and Mean-Spirited Sims can possess the Good trait. If there are two sims: one with the traits "Evil and Friendly" and one with the traits "Mean-Spirited and Good", then those two sims will not generally have a good relationship with the other.
Premade Evil SimsEdit