Aptiva Mountains is a small city created by LOLZpersonok. It consists of two peninsulas, an island, and a small country backside. The world itself is currently not complete.
Aptiva Mountains, is a temperate region, although on average, warm enough to allow palm trees to grow in certain places. The backside of the city is more of an alpine feel, along with Aptiva Valley, though Aptiva Valley is more urbanized, even though it isn't classified to be a part of the actual city proper.
The world is composed of four parts:
Downtown Aptiva Sommerset Bridlewood Country Area
Downtown Aptiva, is of course, the downtown part of the city which has all the skyscrapers, businesses and penthouses in the city. It is home to the beach, the outdoor pool, and an outdoor gym, although there is another indoor gym for vampires living in the city. Downtown Aptiva also contains the city's large 'mini mansions'.
Sommerset is the middle-class residential area of the city. Many of the houses are styled after those found in Rocky Ridge and Royal Oak, both of which are real life residential area in Calgary, Canada. Much of the architecture in the world is influenced by architecture in Calgary, Canada. (Note that the actual population of Calgary is around 1,300,000 people)
Bridlewood is a neighbourhood that is intended to reflect a dirty, grungy, old or undesirable district in a city. All of the houses and families that live within are all low-class and aren't big. The houses are small, and generally poorly maintained in general. This is where the junkyard is in Aptiva Mountains. Bridlewood is located on the city's only island.
The countryside, is of course, the countryside. There is only three families living in the countryside.
- Palomino Creek's name was derived from a location in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas .
- Aptiva Mountains was named after a fairly unpopular consumer computer from the early to late 90's called the IBM Aptiva .
- There is an abandoned mineshaft near Palomino Creek, which is basically a mineral reservoir.
- Aptiva Mountains was supposedly hit by a 7.4 magnitude earthquake. It is hinted minorly in certain parts of the city and other areas, and noticeable scars are shown by the bridge in Palomino Creek.
- There are no actual dead Sims in the graveyard.
- There is a park in the center of Downtown Aptiva called 'The Core'. There is a shopping centre in Downtown Calgary called The Core.
- There are several Sims in Aptiva Mountains who originally came from Bridgeport. These Sims are: The Hemlock Family, Flo-Flo Chique, & The Mixture of Good And Bad Family.
- The names Sommerset and Bridlewood come from two real life districts in Calgary of the same name. Sommerset, however in real life is spelled 'Somerset'.
- Sommerset's building style is influenced by its real life counterpart (Influenced by the average income)
- Bridlewood, on the other hand, isn't.
- There is another city nearby Aptiva Mountains called Angel City. It can be seen when one positions the camera from the top of the city's tallest building and looks towards Bridlewood.