Melissa Blackwater is a resident of Pleasantview and a minor character in Simasota: 10 years later. She was born and raised in South County and has worked for Tom Nook's Shop since she was a teenager. She is a graduate of Port Simasota High School, and did not attend college. As of 2014, she is in her mid 20s and is the manager of the Pleasantview Nookington's, making her the youngest Nookington's manager in the state of Sim Nation.
Melissa was born to a poor family in South Simasota County and didn't experience a lot of luxuries growing up. She was a child at the time of the launch of The Sims 2, but was not present in the premade neighborhoods. Not much is known about her family except that she was disowned after becoming pregnant by Don Lothario, possibly due to the family's religious doctrine. As of the start of Simasota: 10 Years Later, Melissa is very pregnant and almost due to give birth.
Outside of work, Melissa is a mostly quiet young lady, mainly keeping to herself. She lives in an apartment in Pleasantview by herself. She has feelings for Don Lothario, who is the father of her child.
Melissa is the manager of the Pleasantview Nookington's, a very high crime store. She has not been a manager for a long time, and it is known that the prior manager, along with his NAP agent, was shot and killed in a robbery. She likely became pregnant not long after becoming manager. Melissa is the youngest general manager for Tom Nook's Shops in Sim Nation. She takes her job seriously and does everything by the book. Some see her as being mean because she is serious, is not very social aside from work, and is often seen assisting NAP in the apprehension of shoplifters and chasing away local gang members, troubled teenagers, and drunken or disruptive homeless people. Unbeknownst to her or the company, a local gang has a bounty on her head, along with NAP agent Regina, for prosecuting one of its members for shoplifting. Melissa openly carries a weapon, as required of all salary-based Nookington's managers, and is trained to neutralize threats towards herself or her store.
- Melissa will be seen in the intro video for Simasota: 10 Years Later, along with NAP agent Regina.
- Melissa can be seen in a clip on an in-game TV commercial for Coca-Cola, feeding day old bread from the bakery to homeless people. This is a parody of a real life Coca-Cola commercial which aired during the Super Bowl.
- Melissa's name tag incorrectly says "Hi, my name is Alyssa." This is because her appearance is inspired by a real life person named Alyssa, though her character has little in common with the person who inspires the appearance.
- Melissa is mentioned on an episode in-game TV show I Almost Got Away With It by a fugitive who was ultimately captured by police because he "was going to punch her in the stomach and try to flee but I (he) just couldn't bear to hurt a pregnant lady because I'm (he is) a father and I (he) just can't do something like that to a kid and its mom" after being apprehended for shoplifting. The show is a parody of a real life TV show of the same name.
- Some Sims can be seen wearing a T-shirt with her picture and the text "Fire the white pregnant w***e #Blacklivesmatter," implying she has been involved in a fatal altercation with an African American. This is also a reflection of the racial tension in 2014 Pleasantview.