Schleicher: A nickname for a furtive or stealthy person, from an agent derivative of Middle High German slichen, German schleichen 'to creep silently'.
Gustav: "Staff of the Goths."
Adelheid: German and Dutch form of Adelaide meaning "noble" and "kind, sort, type."
Philomena: "Friend, lover" and "mind, purpose, strength, courage."
Wilford: "Desires Peace."
Lucinda: Illumination. A name of a Mythological Roman goddess of childbirth and giver of first light to newborns.
Winfred: "Friend of peace."
Llwyd: "Grey-Haired" or "Grey." (Wilford gained his first grey hair a few weeks before he was born.)
Ember: "Spark, Burning Low."
Cecil: Masculine form of Cecilia. Meaning "Blind." (Hence why he wears glasses.)
Eulalia: "Sweetly speaking."
Willem: Dutch form of Willam. Meaning "will, desire" & "helmet, protection."
Wolfgang: "Wolf" & "Path." (Named after Veda's adoptive father.)
Llwyd Jr.: See Llwyd. (Named after his father.)
Edmund: "Wealth, fortune" & "Protection."
Cecilia: Feminine form of Cecil. Meaning "Blind." (Combination of her parent's name's Cecil + Eulalia.)
Dolores: See The Gray Family.
Mercedes: See The Gray Family.
Lucius: See The Gray Family.
Wilfred: "Desiring peace."
Lydia: See The Gray Family.
Winnie: Short for Winnifred. Meaning is "Friend of peace."
Winslow: "Stone marker of friendship."
Lada: "Girl, maid." A name of a Slavic Mythological goddess of beauty, love and marriage.
- Winfred Schleicher
- Veda Schleicher (née King)
- Llwyd Schleicher
- Ember Schleicher (née Humbert)
- Cecil Schleicher
- Eulalia Schleicher (née Humbert)
- Désirée Gray (née Schleicher)
- Willem Schleicher
- Wolfgang Schleicher
- Llwyd Schleicher Jr.
- Edmund Schleicher
- Cecilia Schleicher
- Dolores Gray
- Mercedes Gray
- Lucius Gray
- Most of the people within the Schleicher family are actually very kind.
- It makes makes sense since Amalia is the only true Schleicher.
- Gustav was actually named after Hurricane Gustav.
- The family's surname was going to be "Schneider" after the actress Maria Schneider but my phone gave me other suggestions for words, Schleichier just so happended to be was one of them and it gave me the random idea to create a french-german Gothic like family. Instead of a normal, French-Simian family as I was going to plan.
- Germany and France are my two favorite countries and ironically, many German name/surnames have a dark origin.
- I am still very angry that I never used the original Stillmans because they were honestly more interesting that this family. At least, they were in my head (they've been altered a bit since creation to focus more on the Schleichers a bit more than them)... I will forever regret deleting them and not using them.