Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sims 3: Mako Island feature updates based on the hit Australian TV series, H2O: Just Add Water, and it's spin-off, Mako Mermaids.
- Choose Your Pod! - Are you a southern mermaid, or an eastern one? Every pod is special, unique, and one of them is made just for you! Are you gonna learn northern pod spells and elixirs, or gonna stick at your island home?
- Watch Your Tail - Being a mermaid is not as easy as it sounds, you also have to keep a secret. In this brand new pack, you'll have to choose who to trust with your secrets, and you are gonna work hard to keep it from the others! No more tails in the pool - tails are gonna pop up wherever they feel like - the water are your best friend and your worst enemy.
- Mermaid Magic - Thought keeping your secret is hard? Here's a few tricks to help you stay undercover. Heating up water, invisibility and telekinesis - are just a few of the amazing powers. What are yours?
- Welcome to Gold Coast - It's been six years since the ending of H2O: Just Add Water, and now they are finally back! Fall in love again with Cleo, Rikki, Emma, Bella, Lewis, Will and all their friends, family and enemies, as well as the brand new fellas over from Mako Mermaids, like Zac, Sirena, Ondina, Lyla and all the others!
- An Ordinary Girl - If the life underwater are not for you, the Gold Coast offers plenty of human things to do as well! Work at the Marine Park, visit at Rikki's cafe, or join the band - plenty of options for land people like you!
- Moon Spell - Beware of the full moon! This time, werewolves are not the only supernaturals who lose control on full moon nights. Try to stay inside, and away from water, or your powers would go crazy!
- All mermaids have a new orange tail and top by defult, while mermen have a blue different tail by defult. (Colors are changeable) Scales on feet would no longer be a thing.
- Merpeople powers include: Hydrokinesis, Hydro-Cryokinesis, Hydro-Thermokinesis, Gelidkinesis, Substanciakinesis, Aerokinesis, Atmokinesis, Cryokinesis, Electrokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Invisibility, Siren Singing (if the sim has the Virtuoso trait), Speed-Swimming, Telekinesis, Volume Reduction, Vision Sharing (only feature in children of transformed mersims, and all sea-born mersims).
- Whilw all mermaids who were born as human are considered "Transformed Mersims", there is one way to gain the "Sea-Born Mermaid" trait. While Gold Coast would have several sea-born mermaids, children of mersims would automatically gain this hidden trait (if born mersim).
- When mersims walk out on a full moon night, they are put under the moon spell, and recive a positive moodlet. They don't remember anything that happened while under the moon spell and recive a negetive moodlet after the moon sets. Sometimes the full moon will make a mersim's powers go out of control or give a mersim the Siren Singing power for a limited time even without the Virtuoso trait. Moon Spell Control is a skill that mersims can learn, it lets them survive the full moon without letting it control them. Sea-born mermaids would automatically maximize this skill, while transformed mermaids have to learn it.
- Sickness can also mess with their abilities and mersims may channel their powers through sneezes or other symptoms. [TS3:S]
- Mersims would grow their tail out of the water as well, on every water activity (bath, washing hands, doing dishes) and have a chance of growing a tail while drinking (chance increased with clumsy trait). Then sims would lay down in their mersim form and would have to dry themsleves off by using "dry" interaction or the hydro-thermokinesis power.
- Mako Island
- The island is a bit far away from the shore of Gold Coast. Humans can get there by a boat, while mersims would prefer speed swimming. On the island's coast there is a pile of rocks, and only mersims and sims with 8+ Scuba Diving skill can have the interaction "Swim In", while other sims would have to walk up the island to a cave and get in. The cave is originally hidden but once discovered by a sim is open to see by all household members. The a click at the cave by a regular sim would only have the interaction "Explore Cave" while mersims could also choose the interaction "Enter Moon Pool", which give the mersim a positive moodlet. At full moon nights a new interaction would appear for human sims, "Get In The Water" and would gain mermaid/merman abilities and random powers based on 5 pre-made power packs.
- Mersims could lose their powers in two different ways. The first'd be the water dragon. On full moon nights there is a 5% chance a mersim in the ocean would meet the water dragon (similar to the Kraken [TS3:IP]). The dragon would attack the sim and turn it back into a regular human sim. Another way to lose mersim's powers is the Fifty Moons Potion. This potion magnifies the effect of the Full Moon to fifty. The potion is required to be used on merpeople during the full moon, altough only transformed mersims would lose their powers over this potion.
- New careers
- Dolphin Trainor
- Customer Service - available at three spots: Rikki's Cafe, JuiceNet and Ocean Cafe.
- Shopping Carts (Ice-cream, cotton candy, souvenirs, ext.) - part time job for teens.
- New places
- Two different schools - Suncoast High and South Coast High, child & teen sims would randomally choose one, there's an opttion to tranfer schools.
- Rikki's Cafe, JuiceNet and Ocean Cafe
- Multiple characters from both shows would make an appearance as sims.
- Mersims can choose a pod to join to. By clicking on the ocean water a interaction would appear, "Go to Pod" which would appear as an unpaid career, since the sim would disappear for a while. They can get promoted, from a level 1 "Hatchling" to a level 10 "Pod Leader". Child mersims are always in the same pod as their female parent (unless if only the male parent is a mersim, or if a mother is missing). All mersims can transfer pods all the time, but cannot re-join a pod they have left.
- Each pod has it own elixirs and spells, which mersims can learn during "Go to Pod" interaction. For example, while northern pod has it's Essence Manipulation, southern has Wish Granting.
- Just like elixir recipes, mersims can also learn food recipes during "Go to Pod" interaction, such as arctic marshmsllow.