|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
- Press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat console.
- Type in the bar that appears on top of the screen "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quotations).
- Shift-click the Sim that requires editing and select "Edit in CAS".
- Make whatever changes are desired.
- Make sure to save your changes.
- Before closing the game, make sure to bring up the cheat console again and type "testingcheatsenabled false" (without quotations).
Note: does not always work when changing life states, i.e. Human to Anything works, but not Anything to Human or Anything to Anything. Untested for Genies.