|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
This article describes features that are only available in The Sims 3.
This is a guide for Gardening Sims to increase their mood and get lots of lifetime happiness points fast!
- Gives Sims the "Feeling Lucky" moodlet every day when they have 4 or more hours of sleep. This will give a +5 mood boost, and also gives the Sim luck in everything they do. It lasts 23 hours; practically a mood boost for the entire day.
- Allows Sims to revive dead plants, extremely useful for gardeners.
- Allows Sims to talk to plants, increasing their social need and increasing the plant's qualities.
- The Sim gets a Gardening skill book in their inventory when you start the game.
- All of the Sim's garden produce is high quality.
- The Sim will learn the Gardening skill faster.
- Gives a +15 mood boost when outside for 15 minutes, which should be often as the Sim gardens outside.
- The Gardening and Fishing Skills are increased.
- Gives 25% extra mood to all of the Sim's positive and negative moodlets.
- This trait is only available if The Sims 3: Ambitions is installed.
- Sims shower 2.25 times (in a regular shower), or 1.5 times (in an all-in-one bathroom)[IP][MS][ITF] faster and receive the "Saving Water" moodlet
- Sims receive the "Replenishing the Earth" moodlet while gardening
- One expensive shower, because cheap showers can cause a negative "Cold Shower" moodlet, and expensive ones have a chance of giving the Sim the positive "Exhilarating Shower" moodlet.
- One expensive bed, as cheap beds might cause the "Bad Night's Sleep" moodlet, and all other beds give the Sim the positive "Well Rested" moodlet.
- One sprinkler, to water the plants just before and after growth, upgraded with the "Auto-Water" upgrade.
- If possible, a Flame Fruit.
- Wake up at 4 am. The Sim should have the "Feeling Lucky" moodlet, and the "Well Rested" moodlet.
- Quickly take an EXPENSIVE shower and brush the Sim's teeth. The Sim should have the "Squeaky Clean" and "Minty Breath" moodlets, and possibly the "Exhilarating Shower" moodlet. With the Eco-Friendly trait, Sims will have the "Saving Water" moodlet.
- Go Gardening. While the Sim gardens, they should receive the "One With Nature" moodlet, and "Replenishing the Earth" with the Eco-Friendly trait.
- Have a Flame Fruit in the Sim's inventory, if possible, for the "Cozy Fire" moodlet.
- As the Sim gardens, their amazing mood will give them Lifetime Happiness Points, every ~3-5 secs. Their Over-Emotional trait will increase their mood by 25%.
- Feeling Lucky: +5 mood, +luck.
- Well Rested: +10 mood for each + in the catalogue. Max 30 mood. Appears after waking up.
- Squeaky Clean: +10 mood.
- Minty Breath: +5 mood.
- Exhilarating Shower: (possibly) +20 mood.
- One With Nature: +15 mood.
- Cozy Fire: +5 mood.
- Saving Water[TS3:A]: +25 mood.
- Replenishing the Earth[TS3:A]: +25 mood.
Max total: (assuming the Sim have the highest quality bed, the "Exhilarating Shower" moodlet, a Flame Fruit in their inventory and the Eco-Friendly trait) 140 mood
With the Over-Emotional trait: 175 mood
- Other Scoring
- Max total without the Eco-Friendly or Over-Emotional traits: 90 mood
- Max total without the Eco-Friendly trait: 112 mood
- Max total without the "Exhilarating Shower" moodlet or Eco-Friendly trait, but with the Over-Emotional trait: 100 mood
- ↑ Have another Sim with the Handy trait adjust a sprinkler on the garden so that it activates from 4 am - 7 am, one hour before and after crops grow.