|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
This game guide is for The Sims 3 only.
In The Sims 3, Guitar Star is one of the three Guitar skill challenges, and arguably the most difficult of the three, partly due to the fact that its description is incorrect. This tutorial will assist players in completing this challenge.
Guitar Stars must play at 10 Parties and Venues in the town to earn their title. Afterwards, they earn larger monetary rewards for tips and performances!
What this meansEdit
This may be one of the hardest challenge to complete as the description is very misleading. The player can not become a Guitar Star just by having 10 house parties with friends and playing the guitar there. Instead the player must succeed at 10 guitar skill opportunities. Music career opportunities do not count. The hardest part is getting the opportunity cards.
Only opportunities that reward money counts.
While this method uses cheats, they are safe and a fast way to ensure ample opportunities and given to the Sim so that they are able to complete the challenge:
- Be employed in the Culinary Career (doesn't matter which job you have).
- Max out the guitar skill.
- Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat bar.
- Shift-Click on the workplace (the diner).
- Click "Force Opportunity".
- Cancel any opportunities until you receive one that mentions playing the Guitar.
- Fulfil the conditions of the opportunity.
- Repeat until the challenge is complete.
Tested and confirmed. This tester was only able to get the useful opportunities while working at the Bistro, not the Diner. This may be unique to one game, but if it doesn't work for you, try transferring your employment to the other restaurant in town.
This has been tested and proven by players so enjoy, and if you fail due to the opportunity time limit, try again and eventually, you'll get it.