|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3|
This article, while not grossly sexually explicit, does deal with adult themes. If you have a problem with these themes, please click here to view another page on The Sims Wiki.
Mosaic-Blur Removal is the general term covering mods which remove the censoring blur in Sims games.
Removing pixels in the first game was relatively simple. This can be done by enabling the move_objects on cheat and move a Sim away from a bathtub or a shower. The censor will be left behind and the Sim will be nude.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
The Sims 2Edit
At first you could only get rid of it by using SimPE and changing the BCON and BHAV files (which is a messy business), but later on a mod was released in .package format.
- If you have the base game or University installed without the patch, you can remove the blur by using the cheat intProp censorGridSize 0
- If you have the University patch installed or any later expansion packs, you need to use one of the mods below.
- xSIMS.de Blur Remover that comes with an installer for all Sims 2 versions
- Nightlife+ by 'Quaxi' at SexySims2 (Requires registration)
The Sims 3Edit
Early attempts at removing the mosaic blur effect that obscures Sims when they have a shower or bathe, woohoo or use a toilet involved a hack which replaced core game files for The Sims 3. Now, several mods have been developed that non-destructively remove the mosaic blur effect.
By default the texture for a Sim's naked body contains no genital detail and removing the pixel effect does not reveal any explicit or graphic detail. Also, when sitting on the toilet, Sims do not remove their underwear. It is possible to apply mods that create more realistic skins in order to give Sims bodies with anatomical correctness, and corresponding meshes also exist; including raised nipples for females and penis meshes for males.
Download the version corresponding to your latest expansion or stuff pack.
- xSIMS.de Blur Remover comes with an easy to use installer working with all Sims 3 versions & expansions
- No Mosaic mod by Rick (unsupported)
- Decensor by Twallan.
No cheats neededEdit
There is one way to remove the blur without hacks or cheats that's very simple. Add a hot tub to your lot, create a room around it with windows all around and have your Sim go skinny dipping in the hot tub. Your house has to be two stories. Look at your sim through the window as they are skinny dipping in the hot tub from the second floor. The mosaic-blur will not appear.