|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
Mosaic-Blur Removal is the general term covering mods which remove the censoring blur in Sims games.
Removing the blurred pixels from the Sim in the first game was relatively simple and there was no need for a mod to do this. To remove the pixels, enable the move_objects on cheat and move a Sim away from a bathtub, an enclosed shower, or a love bed. The censor will remain where it is and the Sim will be nude. The effects only lasts until the interaction/activity of the object is completed or the object that the Sim used is deleted, after which time the Sim will return to normal attire.
The Sims 2Edit
At first you could only get rid of it by using SimPE and changing the BCON and BHAV files (which is a messy business), but later on a mod was released in .package format.
- If you have the base game or University installed without the patch, you can remove the blur by using the cheat intProp censorGridSize 0
- If you have the University patch installed or any later expansion packs, you need to use one of the mods below.
- xSIMS.de Blur Remover that comes with an installer for all Sims 2 versions (Requires registration)
- Nightlife+ by 'Quaxi' at SexySims2 (Requires registration)
The Sims 3Edit
Early attempts at removing the mosaic blur effect that obscures Sims when they have a shower or bathe, woohoo, or use a toilet involved a hack which replaced core game files for The Sims 3. Now, several mods have been developed that non-destructively remove the mosaic blur effect.
By default the texture for a Sim's naked body contains no genital detail and removing the pixel effect does not reveal any explicit or graphic detail. Also, when sitting on the toilet, Sims do not remove their underwear. It is possible to apply mods that create more realistic skins in order to give Sims bodies with anatomical correctness, and corresponding meshes also exist; including raised nipples for females and penis meshes for males.
Download the version corresponding to your latest expansion or stuff pack.
- xSIMS.de Blur Remover comes with an easy to use installer working with all The Sims 3 versions & expansions (requires registration)
- Decensor by NRaas.
No cheats neededEdit
There is one way to remove the blur without hacks or cheats that's very simple. Add a hot tub to your lot, create a room around it with windows all around and have your Sim go skinny dipping in the hot tub. Your house has to be two stories. Look at your Sim through the window as they are skinny dipping in the hot tub from the second floor. The mosaic-blur will not appear.