|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
Every expansion pack for The Sims 2, excluding Nightlife, adds new families in Family Bin. Pets also adds two new families in Lots and Houses Bin, the Kim and Kat families, along with their houses. Unfortunately, these two families can only be moved in to one neighborhood, unlike other Family Bin families. If the players want to re-add the Kim and Kat families back to the Lots and Houses Bin to be placed in more than one neighborhood, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the Kim and Kat families have already been moved into a neighborhood. Otherwise, you won't be needing to read this tutorial.
- Browse C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog.
- Check the files inside the folder:
- cx_00000001.package is Kim family house file.
- cx_Character_cx_00000001_XXXXXXXX.package is the household file, or Sim files. There are 5 of them, each with different 'XXXXXXXX'.
- cx_00000004.package is Kat family house file.
- cx_Character_cx_00000004_XXXXXXXX.package is the household file, or Sim files. There are 4 of them, each with different 'XXXXXXXX'.
- Now, copy all above files (total: 11) to anywhere, like Desktop.
- Browse C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog. This is the folder where your House and Lot Bins are saved.
- Check the last number of the file. If, for example, the last file (sorted by name) is cx_00000095.package, then rename the Kim Family and its Sim files to cx_00000096.package and cx_Character_cx_00000096.package. Do the same thing to Kat Family and its Sim files with different digits, say 97. This is to prevent it from overwriting any existing files in the folder.
- Copy the files to C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog.
- Now the Kim and Kat families are able to be placed in another neighborhood.