Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sims 2: Seasons. Sims can become members of the Garden Club by having a Sim call a member on the phone and ask them to inspect the lot's garden. If it is well maintained, clean, filled with flourishing plants and well kept shrubs and hedges, they will grant the Sim membership in the Garden Club. Also Garden Club members can be seen as walk-by(s). Sims who are members of the Garden Club get a discount on seeds and fertilizer. A gift that can be received from being a member of the Garden Club is the Wishing well. To get it, a Sim has to get a high score from the Garden Club. This can be achieved by maintaining a clean garden, filled with flourishing plants and well kept shrubs/hedges etc., and by placing lights, fountains, and sculptures. etc..
NPC Garden Club MembersEdit
The listed Maxis-created Sims are NPC Garden Club members that appear in all neighborhoods as long as Seasons is installed. If these Sims walk by a residential lot, or are encountered on a community lot, Sims can buy the Plantophic-C potion from them.
The Garden Club members for a neighborhood are created when the secret "Weather" sub-neighborhood is added to the neighborhood. They are initially created as unemployed, but may be assigned random jobs as the neighborhood is played. A Garden Club member may have a random assortment of talent badges.
List of pre-made Garden Club Members:
- Allyn Thomason
- Armando Cox
- Jill Smith
- Joe Graham
- Katy McGaw
- Matthew Smith
- Peter Sims
- Tiffany Zarubin
- Toby Bruenig
These Sims become playable if they marry or move in with a playable Sim, but do not appear to retain their status as Garden Club members after becoming playable. The game will not automatically replace an NPC Garden Club member that is made playable.
- Issues which kept NPC Garden Club members from being treated as full Townies were fixed in the FreeTime patch. Players who do not have either FreeTime (with up-to-date patches), or Apartment Life can use this mod from More Awesome Than You.
- Neither of these addressed the issue of Garden Club members not receiving a "CAS history", which can eventually affect the refreshing of their wants and fears. A fix for this is available at Mod The Sims. It will affect non-playable Garden Club members that have already appeared in-game, but will "stomp" any memories they may have accumulated.
- Check the weather report or wait until summer prior to having a garden inspected as falling leaves, rain puddles and fires caused by lightning hurt the garden's score.
- If the household has a big garden and don't have much time to take care of it, it is recommended to hire a Gardener, if the family has enough money. They will tend plants, water them, trim bushes, pull weeds, and rake leaves.
- It is not highly recommended for Garden Club members to have pets, because they tend to dig holes, and can destroy the look of the garden, and it's better to keep them away or busy with something that keeps them away from the garden. It's also better if stray pets are shoo-ed off the lot.