trait in The Sims 3. It is first available at birth. It actually conflicts with the Stupid trait, but that trait was scrapped due to its similarity to the Absent-Minded trait. Yet, a sim can still have the "Genius" and "Absent Minded" trait. An example is Cycl0n3 Sw0rd.
Geniuses are brilliant logical thinkers, masters of chess and excellent hackers. They savor pursuits of the mind.
- Geniuses will learn the Logic skill 30% faster than other Sims.
- Geniuses enjoy playing chess and will improve at it quickly.
- Geniuses learn Mooch, Chess, Hacking, and Dominoes[TS3:ST] hidden skills 30% faster.
- When a Sim in the household dies Genius Sims can "Play Chess for (Sim Name)'s life."
- Sim can solve crazy mathematical problems on the computer for cash. This will also raise their fun motive slowly.
- Geniuses will do better at Law Enforcement, Science and Medical careers.
- Geniuses will autonomously "Contemplate" their surroundings. This may sometimes incur the Fascinated moodlet for 3 hours.
- Geniuses can create pixelized paintings using Paint Stylized Still-Life.
- Geniuses can initiate "Deep Conversations" at any point in a relationship and they enjoy them more.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Science Fiction genre.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Mystery genre.
- NPCs with this trait are attracted to the following lot assignments: Library.
- Toddlers with this trait will learn their toddler skills faster than other Sims.
- Geniuses are unaffected by the quest action "Convince (Genius's Name) that the Sky is Falling".
Possible Lifetime WishesEdit
- Chess Legend
- Perfect Mind/Perfect Body
- Renaissance Sim
- The Tinkerer
- World Renowned Surgeon
- Monster Maker