is a mental trait
in The Sims 3
. It is first available at birth. It actually conflicts with the Stupid
trait, but that trait was scrapped due to its similarity to the Absent-Minded
Geniuses are logical thinkers, masters of chess and excellent hackers. They savor pursuits of the mind.
- Geniuses will learn the Logic skill 30% faster than other Sims.
- Geniuses enjoy playing chess and will improve at it quickly.
- Geniuses learn Mooch, Chess, and Hacking hidden skills 30% faster.
- When a Sim in the household dies Genius Sims can "Play Chess for (Sim Name)'s life."
- Sim can solve crazy mathematical problems on the computer for cash.
- Geniuses will do better at Law Enforcement, Science and Medical careers.
- Geniuses will autonomously "Contemplate" their surroundings. This may sometimes incur the Fascinated moodlet for 3 hours.
- Geniuses can earn money every 20 minutes while Hacking, instead of every 30 minutes.
- Geniuses can create pixelized paintings using Paint Stylized Still-Life.
- Geniuses can initiate "Deep Conversations" at any point in a relationship and they enjoy them more.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Science Fiction genre.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Mystery genre.
- NPCs with this trait are attracted to the following lot assignments: Library.
- Toddlers with this trait will learn their toddler skills faster than other Sims.
Possible Lifetime Wishes
- Chess Legend
- Perfect Mind/Perfect Body
- Renaissance Sim
- The Tinkerer
Examples of premade Geniuses:
Cycl0n3 Sw0rd, Blair Wainwright, Boyd Wainwright, Susan Wainwright, Ethan Bunch, Jamie Jolina
- See also: Category:Geniuses