|Platinum||Juvenile Jack Genius||Munster Munching Maniac||Senior Stilton Sorcerer|
|Gold||Cheshire-Chomping Champion||Exceptional Edam Eater||Legendary Limburger Lover|
|High Green||Precocious Parmesan Preparer||Gouda Gobbling Gourmet||Excellent Emmental Elder|
|Low Green||Jarlsberg Using Youth||Common Camembert Coveter||Grill Greasin' Grandpa / Grill Greasin' Granny|
|Low Red||Frustrated Feta Fondler||Cheddar-lacking Chucklehead||Mature Mozzarella Mangler|
|Deep Red||Wayward Wenslydale Whelp||Bumbling Brie Burner||Run-down Roquefort Ruiner|
Enabling the AspirationEdit
Grilled Cheese is a 'secret' aspiration, and as such, it does not appear as a selectable option when a Sim is created, grows into a Teen, or begins his/her junior year at university. Once FreeTime is installed, though, Grilled Cheese can be chosen as a secondary aspiration.
The only way to obtain Grilled Cheese as a primary aspiration without cheats is by using the ReNuYuSenso Orb. It is not available on the menu of aspirations that the Orb offers, but if a Sim uses the Orb when his or her Aspiration level is below gold, the machine may malfunction, which will automatically change that Sim's aspiration to Grilled Cheese, without the aspiration options menu showing up.
It is also available in the sim modder aspiration menu. Another way would be through Insimenator or Simblender.
Grilled Cheese Sims can change their aspiration just like any other Sims (by reaching junior year at university or using the ReNuYuSenso Orb properly).
Most Sims can only make or serve grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, but Sims with the Grilled Cheese Aspiration always have the option to cook grilled cheese, no matter what time of day or night it is. While making Grilled Cheese normally requires two cooking skill points, Sims with the Grilled Cheese aspiration can make it even if they have no cooking skill.
They also have two unique interactions. First, they can Talk.../About Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. This interaction will most likely be rejected unless the target is a nice Sim or his/her Aspiration is also Grilled Cheese. Second, they have the special ability to Influence.../Serve Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, whereas Sims with other aspirations cannot select any specific meal when Influencing others to serve food.
Wants & FearsEdit
- Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches[TS2:NL]
When the aspiration bar stays red for a long time, the Sim will draw a picture of a grilled cheese sandwich with a face on a piece of cardboard and kiss or try to eat it.
FreeTime Aspiration BenefitsEdit
- Level 1 - Bottomless Stomach
- Level 2 - Slower Motive Decay
- Level 3 - Paint Grilled Cheese
- Level 4 - Conjure Grilled Cheese
Premade Sims With AspirationEdit
Tips & TricksEdit
The Grilled Cheese Aspiration can also be assigned to a Sim by using a cheat. Activate the code bar (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type in: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. Then hold Shift and click the Sim. Once this is done click Spawn...and more until Sim Modder is available and click it. Then select Aspirations..... and click Grilled Cheese.
- The different life states all share the same limited set of Wants and Fears. Unlike Sims of other Aspirations, Grilled Cheese Sims only roll Wants and Fears that directly relate to their Aspiration.
- There is only one possible Lifetime Want for Sims with the Grilled Cheese Aspiration: "Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches." To keep track of their progress toward this goal, Grilled Cheese Sims receive a positive memory each time they eat a grilled cheese sandwich. They must eat the entire sandwich in order for it to count, and they will not count any sandwiches eaten prior to adopting the Grilled Cheese Aspiration.
- This aspiration is rumored to be inspired by Sims in The Sims 2 cooking this sandwich autonomously. However, it might also be based on the tradition of giving the employees grilled cheese sandwiches to eat when there is a significant milestone at Maxis.
- Deliberately causing your Sim to get the Grilled Cheese Aspiration is actually a very good way to build up their aspiration meter and rewards points very quickly. Grilled Cheese Sims are very easy to please, especially if their cooking skill is halfway decent. Cooking Grilled Cheese Sandwiches a few times and serving them to other Sims can quickly boost the Sim into platinum aspiration, and when the user has reached the desired aspiration level and number of rewards points, it's a simple matter to change their aspiration back to whatever the user desires.
This article is a Featured Article. Its layout and content is an example of excellence on The Sims Wiki.
Dates featured: 2008.