Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the Excitable and Hot-Headed traits, and is available from birth.
Grumpy Sims are rarely in a good mood. It's quite difficult to make them happy because they simply don't want to be happy.
- Sim will usually get sad before getting angry or uncomfortable.
- It's more difficult to get the Sim into a good mood. To be specific, they take an innate -15 mood penalty.
- On the computer Grumpy Sims have the option to "Troll on Forums". This will eventually result in a positive moodlet.
- Sim doesn't like to boast or enthuse about something, they also don't like giving away compliments unless they have the Charismatic, Easily-Impressed or Schmoozer traits.
- Grumpy Sims may react bored to certain interactions like the "Woo!" interaction from Party Animal Sims or the "Tell Funny Story" interaction.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Satire genre.
- Grumpy Sims are prone to autonomously arguing with other Sims, but rarely escalate to insults or fights like Hot-Headed, Mean-Spirited or Inappropriate Sims.
- Sim may become sad or angry when they don't have any moodlets.
- Sim may scream out in fury if something bad happens to a nearby Sim or if something bad happens to themselves.
- Sim will always have the ability to complain about something. And will give them the positive "Let off Steam" moodlet when doing so.
- Sims with the Grumpy trait can develop the "Out of Sorts" moodlet upon awakening, making them potentially angry. The "Out of Sorts" moodlet gives -20 points to your mood, and it typically last 23 hours. The "Out of Sorts" moodlet occurs at random. Getting a good night’s rest or, for Sims with the Martial Arts skill, meditating can help to alleviate The "Out of Sorts" moodlet much faster.
- Grumpy Sims don't react well to being splashed in a pool, and will furiously splash back at the offending Sim, decreasing the offending Sim's Fun gain. They share this attribute with Hot-Headed and Mean-Spirited Sims.
- Grumpy Sims will autonomously "Shoo Off" cats sitting on top of furniture, even if the cat is asleep.