Gunther Goth is a pre-made, playable Sim in The Sims that premiered in the Unleashed expansion pack with his wife, Cornelia Goth, and their two cats, Hecuba and Menelaus. He is the patriarch of the Goth Family and Pleasantview.
In The Sims 2, Gunther is one of the pre-created, yet unplayable Sims featured as ancestors of playable, pre-created Sims. Though deceased when the game begins, the player can see him in the relationship tree of playable Sim Mortimer Goth, who is his son, as well as those of his grandchildren, Cassandra Goth and Alexander Goth.
Gunther was born in the Old Country, and then he moved to (and founded) Pleasantview. He is the father of Mortimer Goth, husband to the now famous Bella Goth. Gunther was the husband of Cornelia Goth, and the son of Victor Goth and Gretle Goth, both of Pleasantview; he has one sibling, Frida Goth.
Life Leading up to The Sims 3Edit
Gunther lives with his family, Cornelia and Mortimer Goth, in a large house located by the graveyard. There is no specific mention of him being the founding father of the neighborhood, but he has many good friends and on the Goth Manor is described as the first house built in town. Instead of the Goths being 'heads' of the town, the Landgraab and Alto families seem to have more control over the town, though Goths appear to have been influential in creating the town's ethics.
Gunther has long brown hair, and wears a flamboyant top hat. He also wears an eyeliner. He is a CEO in the Business career track, and although married to Cornelia, he does not have an outstanding relationship with her (they do not want to WooHoo with each other and they must increase their relationship level to accept WooHoo with each other). This however contradicts Mortimer's bio, which says: "The Goths' strong marriage has produced a healthy boy named Mortimer." Also, it appears that he has never even met Cornelia's sister Agnes Crumplebottom, even though Agnes is Cornelia's best friend. He likes to swing and read. At the start of the game, Gunther is 5 days from becoming an elder.
Life leading up to The SimsEdit
Gunther and his wife Cornelia Goth, along with their two cats, Hecuba and Menelaus, first appeared in The Sims: Unleashed. He is the founding father of the neighborhood, which made him very rich indeed. His hair is grey or white around the edges, and black on top, which is a bit odd since his hair in The Sims 3 is brown. He wears a phantom-like dark gray tux with tails and a light grey bow tie. He is a Dean in the Education career track, in contrast to his CEO job in The Sims 3. The reason for this is left to the imaginations of individual players. His relationship with his wife appears to have improved greatly and scores a 98/100.
When first played in Neighborhood 1, he will have no relationships with Mortimer, Bella, and Cassandra.
Life leading up to The Sims 2Edit
In The Sims 2, Gunther and Cornelia had lost their lives in two separate fires. He died when his second grandchild, Alexander, was born. His wife died a bit later, just before their son, Mortimer, retired. He is buried in the new Goth home with Cornelia, his parents, father in-law and sister in-law. His hairline has receded since The Sims, and his hair has gone completely grey. He wears a black suit with a striped blue tie. According to his SimDNA in SimPE, his hair was black before it turned grey, implying that he dyed his hair brown in The Sims 3.
- The Sims
- The Sims 3
- The Sims
|Image||Name||Relationship score||Relationship level|
- The Sims 3
|Mortimer Goth||Good Friend|
- The Sims
- The Sims 2
In The Sims Unleashed, Gunther lived with Cornelia and their cats Hecuba and Menelaus in a large mansion at 77 Maple Street of Old Town, a little further from Sim Lane. The home has a small graveyard (like all Goth homes) but there are no ghosts so it is not known who is buried there. Perhaps, Gunther died in a fire in the mansion, then Cornelia died in the Goth home, which then was re-constructed into a new and improved house for Mortimer, Cassandra and Alexander Goth in The Sims 2. In The Sims 3 Gunther, his wife Cornelia and son Mortimer live in a big house by the cemetery.
- A highway was named after Gunther, which was called the Gunther Goth Highway.
- Gunther's career track being changed from Education in The Sims to Business in The Sims 3 may be because the Education track is not present in The Sims 3 base game.
- Interestingly, in the The Sims, a Minister of Education will eventually switch careers and become a President in the Business track. Gunther's switch from Business to Education mirrors that.
- In The Sims 2, Gunther uses a character portrait pose that was discontinued during development. If his appearance is changed using the mirror, and no expansion packs are installed, he will use the same character portrait pose as Kent Capp. This also happens with Simon Crumplebottom.
- His lifetime wish in The Sims 3 is to master 3 skills. He appears to be close to achieving that wish in The Sims, as he almost maximized his Charisma, Creativity, and Logic skills.
- In The Sims: Unleashed, Gunther is referred to as Gunther Goth Sr even though there is no Gunther Goth, Jr. This is because "Goth Sr" is the household name (used to differentiate Gunther and Cornelia's household from the pre-existing one in Neighborhood 1 containing Mortimer, Bella, and Cassandra), and The Sims uses the household name as the surname for every character within that household.
- Like many characters who appear in several generations of the game, Gunther's hair color is different in every game. In The Sims 3, Gunther's hair is auburn (which we don't have a category for), while in The Sims: Unleashed, he has black hair heavily streaked with grey. In The Sims 2, his hair is fully grey, the only color available to elders in that game.
- Interestingly, while Gunther is an adult very close to becoming an elder in The Sims 3, he apparently lived at the time of his grandchild Alexander's birth, something that is very unlikely to happen in-game.
|Language||The Sims: Unleashed||The Sims 2||The Sims 3|
|English||Gunther Goth Sr||Gunther Goth||Gunther Goth|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Igor Caixão||Gusmão Caixão||Gusmão Caixão|
|Chinese (Simplified)||冈瑟 高斯|
|Chinese (Traditional)||岡瑟 高斯||岡瑟 高斯|
|Czech||Burat Sr.||Gunther Goth|
|Danish||Günther Spøgh||Gunther Spøgh|
|Dutch||Karel v/d Kerkhof sr.||Gustaaf van de Kerkhof||Gustaaf Van de Kerkhof|
|European Portuguese||Gunther Goth||Gunther Goth|
|Finnish||Günther Goottila||Günther Goottila|
|French||Gontran Gothik||Gunther Gothik||Gunther Gothik|
|German||Roger Biergans||Gunther Grusel||Gunther Grusel|
|Hebrew||גונת'ר גות'||גונת'ר גות'||גונת'ר גות'|
|Korean||염 경태||군터 고트||군터 고트|
|Norwegian||Günther Goth Senior||Gustav Goth||Gustav Goth|
|Polish||Gunther Gotyccy||Gwidon Ćwir||Gwidon Ćwir|
|Russian||Гюнтер Гот||Гюнтер Гот||Гюнтер Гот|
|Spanish||Gunther Hernández||Gúnter Lápida||Gúnter Lápida|
|Swedish||Gunter Spökh d.ä||Günther Spökh||Günther Spökh|
|Thai||กุนเธอร์ โกธ||กุนเธอร์ โกธ|
|The Goth Family|
| Lolita - Victor - Gretle - Gunther - Cornelia - Frida - Mortimer - Bella - Cassandra - Alexander|