Happy is an emotion available in The Sims 4. It occurs when a Sim performs a positive interaction, succeeds in an interaction or enters a room with wall decorations. Having Happy moodlets will boost the effects of other positive emotions like Flirty, Focused, Inspired, Energized, Playful and Confident. A Sim who is Happy can also become Very Happy.
Interactions and ActivitiesEdit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while happy.
- Brighten Day
- Heartfelt Compliment
These traits affect how often a Sim is happy.
- Sims that love the outdoors will become Happy when outside.
- Good Sims will become Happy when around Sims feeling positive emotions.
- Evil Sims will become Happy when around Sims with negative emotions.
- Bros become Happy when around other Bros.
- Loners become Happy when alone.
- Mean Sims become happy when doing mischief or mean socials with other Sims.
- Sims who hate children will become happy when being mean with children.
- Lazy Sims get Happy if they sit and nap lazily and will be happy when watching TV.
- Family-oriented Sims get Happy if they interact with friends and family members.
- Materalistic Sims get Happy if they'd admired a new possession quickly
- Ambitious Sims get happy if promoted.
- Noncommittal sims will be happy if break off a relationship or quit their career
- Neat Sims will get Happy when performing household chores
- Foodies will be happy when the food quality is excellent
These are items found, bought, or earned in the game that can emit a happy aura in the area around the object. Players can choose to enable or disable the aura at any time. Once enabled, a Sim can interact with the object, through viewing or using it, and they will earn a happy moodlet. Whether their mood changes to happy or not depends on the other moodlets affecting the Sim at that time.
Happy Sims may get the following whims:
- Dance to Stereo
- Hug another Sim
- Call Someone on the Phone
- Chat with Someone
- Tell a Joke
- Meet Someone New
- Make a Friend
Careers and JobsEdit
No jobs or careers will gain work performance if a Sim goes to work while happy.