Happy is an emotion available in The Sims 4. It occurs when a Sim performs a positive interaction, succeeds in an interaction or enters a room with wall decorations. Having Happy moodlets will boost the effects of other positive emotions like Flirty, Focused, Inspired, Energized, Playful and Confident. A Sim who is happy can also become very happy. Events like the birth of a new child will make a Sim happy.
Interactions and ActivitiesEdit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while happy.
- Brighten Day
- Heartfelt Compliment
These traits affect how often a Sim is happy.
- Sims that love the outdoors will become happy when outside
- Good Sims will become happy when around Sims feeling positive emotions
- Evil Sims will become happy when around Sims with negative emotions
- Bros become happy when around other Bros
- Loners become happy when alone
- Mean Sims become happy when doing mischief or mean socials with other Sims
- Sims who hate children will become happy when being mean with children
- Lazy Sims get happy if they sit and nap lazily and will be happy when watching TV
- Family-oriented Sims get happy if they interact with friends and family members
- Materialistic Sims get happy if they'd admired a new possession quickly
- Ambitious Sims get happy if promoted
- Noncommittal Sims will be happy if break off a relationship or quit their career
- Neat Sims will get happy when performing household chores
- Foodies will be happy when the food quality is excellent
These are items found, bought, or earned in the game that can emit a happy aura in the area around the object. Players can choose to enable or disable the aura at any time. Once enabled, a Sim can interact with the object, through viewing or using it, and they will earn a happy moodlet. Whether their mood changes to happy or not depends on the other moodlets affecting the Sim at that time.
Happy Sims may get the following whims:
- Dance to Stereo
- Hug another Sim
- Call Someone on the Phone
- Chat with Someone
- Tell a Joke
- Meet Someone New
- Make a Friend
Careers and JobsEdit
No jobs or careers will gain work performance if a Sim goes to work while happy.