trait in The Sims 3. This trait conflicts with Commitment Issues. The trait is first available when a Sim becomes a teen.
Hopeless romantics passionately seek their soul mate. They want romance, true love and surround themselves with cheesy romantic television and novels.
- A Hopeless Romantic Sim is more receptive to another Sim's romantic advances.
- Sims will be in a better mood if they have a lover in the same room as them.
- Sim will sigh in happiness from time to time if in a good relationship.
- Sim prefers to read romance novels and watch the romantic TV channel.
- Sims will write better quality romance novels, and can write one when the Sim's writing level is 5 instead of 10.
- "Stood Up" and "Heartbroken" moodlets have a greater negative effect on Hopeless Romantic Sims than on other Sims.
- When the Sim becomes a single parent, a goal to get married (but not necessarily to the child's other parent) will appear.
- Sims with the Hopeless romantic trait aren't usually the best at proposing to someone, they will make everyone look at them. This is similar to the "flirt" personality on The Sims FreePlay.
- Sim has the 'Gaze Into Eyes' interaction when initiated upon the loved Sim.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Romance genre.
- Although this trait contradicts Unflirty in almost all aspects, the two traits don't conflict.