trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with Loves To Swim (in PC) and Loves Water (in Wii) traits.
Hydrophobic Sims are terrified of swimming. They loathe every second they have to spend in the pool.
- Sim is scared of swimming.
- Sim will get a negative moodlet whenever forced to swim. They will act very distressed when being forced to swim.
- Sim will not appreciate baths as much as other Sims, and will even cry after taking one.
- If the "Splash" interaction is used on a Hydrophobic Sim being forced to swim, they will appear to plead pitifully with the Sim splashing them rather than getting irritated or angry.
- Contrary to popular belief, a Sim with this trait is not excluded from the "Duck Time" moodlet when bathing.
- Sim does not like exploring Dive Wells. [TS3:WA]
- Hydrophobic Sims can drown but are much less likely as they don't like to be in water.
- SimBots always start with this trait.[TS3:A]
- Sims do not have the ability to initiate shower woohoo.
- This trait is not available for mermaids, but plantSims can still have this trait.