trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the Loves To Swim[TS3:IP] and Loves Water[TS3 Wii] traits.
Hydrophobic Sims are terrified of swimming. They loathe every second they have to spend in the pool.
- Hydrophobic Sims are scared of swimming.
- Sim will get a negative moodlet whenever forced to swim. They will act very distressed when being forced to swim.
- Sim will not appreciate baths as much as other Sims, and will even cry after taking one.
- If the "Splash" interaction is used on a Hydrophobic Sim being forced to swim, they will appear to plead pitifully with the Sim splashing them rather than getting irritated or angry.
- Contrary to popular belief, a Sim with this trait is not excluded from the "Duck Time" moodlet when bathing.
- Sim does not like exploring Dive Wells.[TS3:WA]
- Hydrophobic Sims can drown but are much less likely as they don't like to be in water.
- SimBots always start with this trait.[TS3:A]
- Sims do not have the ability to initiate shower woohoo.
- This trait is not available for mermaids, but PlantSims can still have this trait.