The I Am Dead Token is a hidden memory that can be found on every deceased Sim in The Sims 2. It can be removed with SimPE. By using testingcheatsenabled or SimPE, Sims can be killed by giving them the dead token. Most pre-made deceased Sims have this token. The dead token can be removed upon using the Resurrect-O-Nomitron. However, Sims keep the death token if they are brought back to life with the Tombstone of Life and Death, which makes them permanently stuck in the household while not physically existing.
Killing Sims with the I Am Dead TokenEdit
- Open the cheat bar with CTRL+SHIFT+C and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.
- Shift-click the Sim to be killed.
- Click the command that says: Give dead token. Make sure that the Sim is not doing anything at the moment, otherwise it will not work.
When the lot is saved and then reloaded, the Sim with the dead token will turn into a ghost. The ghosts of Sims killed with this method will be pale blue, as if they were killed by starvation. If they're not doing anything they will disappear and a message will come up and say:
[sim name] has died on another lot. He/she will return in spirit to the place of his/her death.
Sims killed by the I Am Dead Token will not return in spirit anywhere. Also, when Sims are killed this way no urn/tombstone is created, and the Sim will remain married (if married before death). Friends/relatives who weren't present when the Sim died will never find out that they are dead since there is no tombstone.
Sims with problematic Death TokensEdit
- Bella Goth: When brought back, Bella has no memories or personality points. Bella fades away and becomes permanently stuck in whatever household she appears in. However she won't be permanently stuck if her ghost fades away before the game is saved.
- Eetion Thebe: If brought back, Eetion fades away in a matter of seconds, causing a glitch where nobody in the household is able to move out.
- Queen Thebe: The same as above. If resurrected, Queen fades away and becomes stuck in the family, causing a glitch where nobody in the household is able to move out.
- Andromache Thebe: The same as above. If resurrected, Andromache fades away in a matter of seconds and becomes permanently stuck in the family, causing a glitch where nobody in the household is able to move out.
- Priam Albion: Has been reported to briefly appear before fading away when brought back to life.
- Caliban Capp: Has a physical Death Token in his inventory which has to be removed in order to properly resurrect him.
- If a Sim becomes permanently stuck in a household they appear in, they can be removed by deleting them via this method. However, it is not perfect and may still cause issues. A much safer method is to remove them from the household using SimPE.