Logic is a skill in The Sims series. It is a valuable skill for many careers and playing games like chess. In The Sims: Makin' Magic, it improves spell casting, affects how many MagiCoins a Sim will get for performing on the stone stage or at the tricks tables in Magic Town, and may affect the performance of other magical acts.
In The Sims 2, Logic also affects the odds of winning a chess game. With The Sims 2: University, teenagers with a high Logic skill (level 8 or higher) qualify for the Will Wright Genius Grant, which is a §750 scholarship. Logic increases the rate at which a Sim earns the Register talent badge from The Sims 2: Open for Business. With The Sims 2: FreeTime, having high Logic makes it easier for Sims to maintain high enthusiasm for the Games and Science hobbies. Additionally, all Sims in The Sims 2 who have 10 points in Logic get a 35% boost when learning other skills, except for Body and Charisma.
Ways to increase LogicEdit
- Play with a peg toybox (toddlers only)
- Play chess
- Play checkers [TS:MM]
- Play dominoes [TS3:ST]
- Use The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set [TS:LL] or the Catalyst Chemistry Set [TS3:G]
- Gaze through the Telescope [TS:LL] [TS2] [TS3]
- Use the SimSanto Inc. Biotech Station Career reward for the Science track [TS2]
- Do the crossword in the newspaper[TS2]
- Use the Cerebralizing Brain Enhancing Machine 1.0 [TS3:UL]
Logic in The Sims 3 Edit
This section describes features that are only available in The Sims 3.
The Sims 3, this skill is augmented by the Computer Whiz, Genius, and Perceptive[TS3:A] traits. With a higher Logic skill, Sims can look through the telescope in many different ways. Sims are able to use the Catalyst Chemistry Lab Station to make potions.[TS3:G]
- Chess Rank
- Highest Ranked Opponent Defeated in Chess
- Chess Record
- Number Of Celestial Discoveries
- Number of Sims Tutored
- Number of Hours Spent Tutoring Children
- Number of Hours Spent Tutoring Sims for Skills
- Number of Potions Made[TS3:G]
- Potions Discovered[TS3:G]
- Dominoes Record[TS3:ST]
- Grand Master
- Chess Grand Masters have reached the coveted fifth level of the competitive chess circuit. There, they sit upon their throne, gazing downwards upon their victims. Those who engage Grand Masters in chess improve their abilities in logic and chess more quickly.
- Celestial Explorer
- Celestial Explorers have discovered 20 celestial bodies through their telescope. Their extensive knowledge of the heavens allows them to discuss the stars with their friends and neighbors.
- Teacher Extraordinaire
- Teacher Extraordinaires have spent at least 20 hours tutoring children and students. Because of this, they are much more effective when tutoring others.
- Skill Professor
- Skill Professors have spent at least 30 hours tutoring other Sims in skills. Because of this, they are much more effective when teaching skills to others.
- Master Chemist
- Master Chemists have discovered 10 potions. After learning every possible potion, they can create potions at a lower cost!
In The Sims 3, increasing a Sim's Logic skill gives the Sim certain special interactions:
|3||Search Galaxy||Allows the Sim to find and name stars for simoleons.|
|5||Tutor Children||Allows the Sim to tutor children to increase the child's grades.|
|10||Tutor Sims for Skill||Allows the Sim to teach other Sims skills they know.|
Celestial Bodies Edit
When using a telescope and Searching the Galaxy, your Sim will sometimes discover a celestial body. It may be a comet, planet, star, moon, galaxy, black hole, neutron or satellite. Your Sim will earn a small amount of money or up to several thousand (for discovering a black hole) for contributing to the scientific community.
Also, Sims may see a meteor fall from the sky and land somewhere in town. They can use Map View to find the land site and travel there to collect the space rock. There is also a chance that the meteor will fall on them.
- Taking Down Sinclair
- Challenge Argyle Sinclair at the Theatre before time runs out to earn some money.
- Fixing the Books
- Assist Accountants at the Business Office to earn some money.
- Settle an Argument
- Speak to a Sim, and Convince Logic is Great to improve your relationship, and to improve your skill.
- A Stimulating Experiment
- Participate in Study at the Science Facility before time runs out to earn some money.
- Becoming More Logical
- Improve your logic skill by one point, and tell the local scientists about that to earn some money!
- Logic 101
- Teach Logic Class at the School to earn some money.
- Puzzle Panic
- Assemble Puzzles at the Supermarket to earn some money.
- Riddle Away
- Complete in Contest at the Bookstore before time runs out to earn some money, and to improve your skill!
- Fixing the Celestial Slump
- Search Galaxy on your own telescope to earn some money, and to improve your skill!
- Logic Tutoring
- Skill tutor a Sim, and report it back to a location to earn some cash!
- Tutor Me Please
- Tutor a Sim to improve your relationship, and to earn some cash!
- The Great Argyle Sinclair
- Watch Argyle Sinclair at the Bookstore before time runs out to earn some cash, and to improve your skill!
- When moving to another neighborhood, Sims must rediscover all the potions. However, because each discovery adds 10% to the discovery rate without resetting it, a Sim that had completed the Master Chemist challenge previously will not be able to complete the challenge ever, and when the Sim discovers 10 potions throughout the Sim's cumulative history, the challenge is marked as completed. However, the Sim does have another opportunity to discover each potion for free once.
- To complete the Teacher Extraordinaire simply select "Friendly" then "Tutor" not "Tutor in..."