Loners enjoy time spent alone more than time spent with others. Quite shy, they will never approach anyone that isn't a close friend. They prize their solitude and get nervous around large groups.
- Sim is in the best mood when alone, and will receive the Enjoying Solitude moodlet (+15).
- Loner Sims will get the Too Many People negative moodlet (-15) when on lots with crowds, including work and school lots.
- Sim doesn't feel the need to seek out social interaction as often as other Sims.
- Sim prefers to spend time in the bedroom rather than more social areas.
- Babies with this trait lose Social need more rapidly (seems to counteract the purpose of this trait)
- NPCs with this trait will not visit the following lot assignments: Hangout
- The preview animation shows the Sim being desperate for a friend, though in game the Sim feels better alone.
- Loner Sims will says the following when put into a rather large outing group: "This is more people than I can handle...I've got to get out of here!" followed by their feelings on the group outing. This occurs even with family members (tested with an 8-member group outing where 2 members were loners. After a few sim-minutes, both quit the group immediately leaving it a 6 member group). Another test used 5 siblings, and was a 1 loner. The single loner quit the group immediately leaving it a four member group.