Loners enjoy time spent alone more than time spent with others. Quite shy, they will never approach anyone that isn't a close friend. They prize their solitude and get nervous around large groups.
The Sims 3Edit
- Sim is in the best mood when alone, and will receive the Enjoying Solitude moodlet (+15).
- Loner Sims will get the Too Many People negative moodlet (-15) when on lots with crowds, including work and school lots.
- Sim doesn't feel the need to seek out social interaction as often as other Sims.
- Sim prefers to spend time in the bedroom rather than more social areas.
- Babies with this trait lose Social need more rapidly (seems to counteract the purpose of this trait).
The Sims 4Edit
- Loners find it harder to make new friends.
- Loners receive the Enjoying Solitude moodlet which gives +1 Happy emotion when alone.
- Loners receive the Stranger Danger moodlet (+1 Tense) if they are around strangers.
- Occasionally, when Loner Sims interact with other people, they receive the Socially Awkward (+1 Embarrassed) moodlet.
- NPCs with this trait will not visit the following lot assignments: Hangout
- The preview animation shows the Sim being desperate for a friend, though in game the Sim feels better alone.
- Loner Sims will say the following when put into a rather large outing group: "This is more people than I can handle...I've got to get out of here!" followed by their feelings on the group outing. This occurs even with family members (tested with an 8-member group outing where two members were loners. After a few sim-minutes, both quit the group immediately leaving it a 6-member group). Another test used 5 siblings, and was a one loner. The single loner quit the group immediately leaving it a four-member group.
- Loner Sims dislike having the "Woo!" interaction from Party Animal Sims used on them.
- Loner Sims with the Insane trait will never need to socialize with other Sims because not only will the Social need decrease slower because of the Loner trait, but also being an Insane Sim allows them to use the "Talk to Self" interaction to raise their Social need in addition to their Fun need.