Magic and the paranormal is evident The Sims series. It can be seen in almost all games in some form, but most especially in The Sims: Makin' Magic, The Sims 2: Apartment Life, The Sims Medieval and The Sims 3: Supernatural.
The Sims: Makin' MagicEdit
Magic can fail for many reasons:
- Many spells will backfire on the caster if the target also has magic.
- The caster's needs are low.
- Low Logic skill.
- Each charm has a condition that will cause it to backfire.
Making spells and charms requires magic ingredients, which must be added to the proper object in the proper order. Adult spells require the Spellbound Wand Charger, which is included in the Mystery Man's box as well as being available in Buy mode. Adult charms require the EverAfter Crafter. Children use the MagiCo NeoMagical Newt to make spells and charms.
The Sims 2: Apartment LifeEdit
Magic can have positive or negative results. Spells in Apartment Life are divided into Good, Neutral, and Evil. Magic reagents are needed to cast spells, but it is enough for a witch/warlock to have them in inventory when casting.
The Sims MedievalEdit
Spells can be learned through the correct alignment of runes and can be cast on other Sims. Most spells can be learned after gaining enough experience, though there are easter egg spells in the game.
The Sims 3Edit
Even without Supernatural, any Sim, regardless of life state, can use magic with Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells. The Book o' Spells can be purchased from The Sims 3 Store for 500 Simpoints.
There are 5 spells to choose from, and Teens through Elders can learn from it.
- Enchant- This spell can be used on Lady Ravendancer's Book o' Spells and other magic objects like Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron and Soothsayer's Crystal Ball. It makes those objects look like they are in use.
- Mood Elevatus- This spell can be used in a room with 2 or more people in it to increase their Mood.
- Summon Anamale- This spell can be used in a room with 2 or more people in it to give them the "Cursed" Moodlet which makes Sims involuntarily act in strange ways.
- Summon- This spell summons a random Sim from your town to you.
- Summon Acquainted- This spell summons someone with "friend" or higher relationship to you.
Your Sim must review the spells in the Book o' Spells for them to work successfully more often. The spells lose power quickly so it might be a good idea to review them every day. If the spell does not work correctly, your Sim or the other Sims in the room could get the "Cursed" Moodlet.