In The Sims for console, Malcolm wears a black smoking vest with a red tissue on his chest pocket, a white shirt, black bow tie, white suit pant, black loafers with stockings, black rectangular glasses, and black top hat. If the "fish eye" cheat code is used to view the game in first-person, Malcolm can be seen sporting brown hair and a goatee at the end of the game when he comes to congratulate the player for his successful retirement party. This contrasts with promotional pictures of him or at the ending cutscene, where he has white hair and no goatee.
The first male default face was used to create him.
During the game, he asks the player to fix-up various lots while they are in residence. The player will move in with either Dudley or Mimi Landgraab, depending on the player's sex at the third level. At the end of the fifth level he will get married to Mom Landgraab and will leave the mansion to the player since the player will have the biggest family (two children and a spouse). His interests are Politics, Money, and Outdoors, according to the Prima Strategy guide.
In The Sims Bustin' Out, Malcolm wears a bicolor pelt stole with a white suit, a white chest open shirt, brown loafers, and a white top hat. His role is to go around SimValley stealing things from Sims he made business investments with(even his own spoiled kids) for not being able to pay rent/return his investments until he is defeated by the player's Sim of The Sims Bustin' Out and their Mom (his ex-wife).
Malcolm Landgraab was likely first mentioned in SimCity 3000, where he is the CEO of Landgraab Industries, an investment firm in real estate and buildings of all kinds. He seems to be a cynical business mogul with shady practices, and a sharp sense of humor (For example, after the player agrees to let him build an amusement park, he will say: "Sensational decision... I can see those sims with their wide smiles, and wide wallets, streaming into the park now..."). His bio in SimCity 3000 mentions a hacienda on an island, an idea that might have inspired the design of Malcolm's Mansion.
How to defeat him Edit
- This section describes features in the PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox versions.
The way the player can achieve this is by working their way up on the career path, moving into different houses, and achieving pre-decided goals in each different home. When the player has almost reached the top of the career path, they will unlock a location called "Malcolm's Mansion." When the player goes to that location, Malcolm will be standing on the path to the front door, and out of the blue, good ol' Mom comes running in and she "chases after Malcolm". After this, Malcolm runs off his property, leaving the player to bask in the glory of their new mansion.
Malcolm cannot be killed off as he will be resurrected by the Grim Reaper.
- The Sims Bustin' Out (console)
(From the Prima Strategy guide)
| centerlink=Zodiac sign
- Vaughn Braun says that Malcolm is a CEO; Fanny Adoré stated he is a movie producer; and General Payne claims he is a senator.
- Malcolm works in the Gangster career as a Hit-Man in The Sims Bustin' Out (console).
- In The Sims 2 PC version, the first chance card of the slacker career mentioned the purchase of Wrightway Toys by Landgraab Industries, thus making Malcolm Landgraab the richest Sim in SimCity.
- He might be the Malcolm Landgraab who had an affair with Stella Livorno, as described in the painting "The Muse" in The Sims 2 Glamour Stuff expansion pack.
- In The Sims for console, Malcolm hints at his love for Mom as during Reality Bites. If the player doesn't complete certain objectives after a few days, Malcolm will call the house and ask the player why he or she hasn't completed the objectives, all the while saying he learned this from their Mom and that he called her lovely.
- In The Sims, a high-tech refrigerator from Shiny Things Inc. is described as being the original idea of Malcolm Landgraab himself. "The brainchild of reclusive Shiny Things Inc. founder Malcolm Landgraab, the Freeze Secret exploits experimental cryogenic technology. Utilizing a combination of liquid sulfur dioxide and argon in a low gravity vacuum, perishables are kept fresh for generations. High impact stainless steel and modern design make this the veritable ice queen of refrigeration.".
- In The Sims 2, we learned thanks to the first chance card from the slacker career that he plays golf.
- Another chance card in the Culinary career implied he is a very powerful Sims, able to make someone fired thanks to his strong network.