|Game||The Urbz: Sims in the City (handheld)|
|Runs the 'Curio Shoppe' over at the service station.|
|Game||The Sims 2 (PSP)|
Mambo Loa first appears when Sim Quarter is unlocked. She tells the player's Urb that she saw a vision of Daddy Bigbucks' plans to buy the Riverboat from Olde Salty. She then helps the player's Urb disguise themselves as Olde Salty's brother Pepper Pete to try and convince Olde Salty not to sell the riverboat.
The plan turns out successful, but Daddy Bigbucks immediately throws the player's Urb into the river after he finds out that they were responsible. Mambo later appears when Bayou Boo is turned into a vampire. The player's Urb asks her for a cure for vampirism, which she states is a helping of chocolate. She can be found in the Fortune Teller's Shop most of the time, or occasionally in the bayou by the gate to the graveyard.
Mambo Loa is found on the Service Station in her little store, Curio Shoppe. After talking to Oscar Del Fuego in his garage, where the game begins, he will send the player's Sim to talk to Mambo Loa. Once met, Mambo Loa will offer to give the Sim the 'reading', which is a personality test based on which aspiration and personality will be chosen.
She will also teach the player how to fulfill wants, take care of their Sim's needs, etc. She is an important part of the game in the beginning.
Later on in the game, the player will need to return to her to find a cure for vampirism. She will tell the player they need some garlic, plasma, cooking skill, and a crafting bench. There are two available crafting benches in Strangetown- one in Isaac Rossum's home and the other opposite Pita Florica's store in Deadtree.
The player can always return to Curio Shoppe even if not needed for a mission, though, to purchase food and other items, or to speak to Mambo Loa or Bella Goth, which are both in the store. Mambo Loa is interested in secrets about Magic, the Supernatural, and Deputy Duncan's Intimate Secret.
Mambo Loa's secrets from The Sims 2 (PSP):
- (Personal): Mambo Loa uses mild head-shrinking techniques to keep her hair in line.
- (Intimate): When she gets that thousand-mile stare in her eyes, you know she's in love. Or insane.
- (Dark): Mambo's got a voodoo doll of everyone in town... just in case they mess with the Mambo.
- (Trash Donuts): Mambo Loa hides her donuts in the trash can in the restroom. Gross!
- A grave in the Deadtree graveyard says "Bruce displeased the mambo". This could be a reference to Mambo Loa due to her supernatural powers.