Michael Bachelor is a playable character in The Sims and The Sims 3. His family is one of the three famous starter families in The Sims. In The Sims 2, he is the late husband of Dina Caliente and the older brother of the missing Bella Goth. As his last name suggests, he is a bachelor for most of the game.
Life leading up to The Sims 3 Edit
In The Sims 3, Michael is a teen Sim living with his parents, Jocasta and Simis Bachelor, and his younger sister Bella. He is dressed in a "jock" style and he has the Schmoozer and Athletic traits. His other two traits are Loves the Outdoors and Friendly. Michael's wishes are mostly about athleticism and improving relationships. He can be seen at school and the local gym. His bio states he has lots of friends at school, but it can be assumed that they don't live in Sunset Valley as at the start of the game, his only friend outside of his family is Mortimer Goth. He has a love for the outdoors, so he doesn't mind helping Jocasta in the garden.
Life leading up to The Sims Edit
In The Sims, Michael is similar to the character of "The Graduate" as he recently graduated from college and doesn't know what to do with his life. He starts in Neighborhood 1's Family bin. He wears jeans, blue and white sneakers and a Sim State University shirt. His last name was meant to match his state, which is unmarried and living alone. It should be noted that in this very first game, his relations to Bella Goth are not mentioned and he was treated as a separate character from her family.
Life leading up to The Sims (Console)Edit
In The Sims (console), Michael has black Mohawk hair, black glasses, blue shirt, brown pants and brown sandals. He is in the Family bin alone and without a home. The player must build him one in order to be played. His sister, Bella Goth, lives with her husband Mortimer Goth and daughter Cassandra Goth in 5 Sim Avenue. Yet again, his relation to Bella Goth is not stated and he remains a separate character from her line of the family.
Life leading up to The Sims 2 Edit
In The Sims 2, Michael is already a deceased elder and is revealed to be Bella Goth's older brother. Before his death, he married Dina Caliente, sister of Nina Caliente. His urn sits on a coffee table in the Caliente sisters' condo. It is believed that Dina married Michael for his money; however, she does not have the memory of marrying a rich Sim. There is also some speculation that she may have murdered him but the color of his ghost indicates that he died of old age, and that she was in love with him. Also, in Dina's memories, she first kissed him when she was a teen and fell in love with him before having WooHoo, which may indicate that their marriage was genuine. Further, she may have fallen in love with him before he became an elder, although the family album shows him as an elder when he married her.
The Two Michael Bachelors Edit
For some reason, there are two Michael Bachelors. One wears a purple and white track suit and has tan skin with 13 days left in the Elder stage. The other has light skin, wears a black shirt, and has 100 days left as an Elder. The Michael Bachelor with light skin has relations with Dina Caliente, Bella Goth, Simis Bachelor, Jocasta Bachelor, Alexander Goth, and Cassandra Goth, while the tan-skinned Michael Bachelor's relations were partially removed. The Michael with light skin has the Knowledge aspiration, while the other has the Popularity aspiration. The Michael with light skin also has the Leo zodiac sign,and no personality points, while the other has the Aries zodiac sign and the personality points 5, 8, 6, 3, 3. In SimPE, both Michael Bachelors are ticked as ghosts.
The tan-skinned Michael Bachelor is the one seen in the Caliente family album, and his relationship with Nina was very high (around 95 lifetime relationship). Since Nina is seen crying at Michael and Dina's wedding, it is possible that she had a crush on him, or at least liked each other very much.
For memories, tan Michael Bachelor has four memories: [invisible] Reputation Aspiration, [invisible] Token- Sim- Initialized, and two [invisible] Token - I Am Dead(s). The light-skinned Michael Bachelor has three memories: [Invisible] Token-Sim-Initialized, and two [invisible] Token -I Am Dead(s).
The Sims Edit
The Sims 3 Edit
|Jocasta Bachelor||Good friend|
|Bella Goth||Good friend|
- In The Sims 2, he uses the second face template.
- In The Sims 3, he is Bella's older brother. However, in The Sims, when he has just graduated college, Bella is already married with a daughter (and looks slightly older than him). This might suggest that he went to community college first and took a while to graduate, whereas Bella did not go to college, married Mortimer, and had Cassandra by the time Michael graduated.
- It is possible that the Michael Bachelor in The Sims was not originally supposed to be related to Bella in the first place, but to be a separate character. The revelation of Bella's original surname, and her relationship to this Michael Bachelor, was later coined by Maxis for The Sims 2 to explain what had happened to some of Pleasantview's notable built-in characters, as the game was a sequel to the original The Sims game. However, Michael and Bella use the "Asian" head skins and both have tan skin, so it's possible they were always meant to be related.
- Also, his appearance and biography in The Sims suggest a young man in his early twenties, yet the 25 years between the The Sims 3 and The Sims would make him in his late 30s at least. While it's possible for him to have gone to college and graduated later in life, it doesn't really fit with his original portrayal as someone just starting out in life. Even ignoring The Sims 3, there are still plotholes caused by Michael's age: in the original game, Michael should be in his early or mid-20s. Yet by the sequel, set 25 years later, he had died of old age. Based on his age in the original game, this means he died of "old age" at around 50. Even including The Sims 3, he would have died of old age at around 65. Negative reactions to the Elixir of Life could explain this.
- In The Sims and The Sims 3, he has brown eyes, but in The Sims 2, his eyes are grey.
- In The Sims 2, he is still considered Dina Caliente's husband on her family tree, even though martial statuses are usually lost when a Sim dies. Also, it is strange that Dina has memories of having her first kiss with him when she was a teenager, even though he is much, much older than her. Due to the unfortunate and illegal implications of that relationship, this could not even be accomplished in game. One explanation might be that Dina, like Bella, is older than her lifespan suggests and/or that Michael was prematurely aged. Perhaps they both had access to the Elixir of Life.
- In The Sims 2, either Dina or Michael should have had their surname changed due to their marriage. For each of them to keep their surname, or for Dina to go back to "Caliente" after Michael's death, requires the use of hacks or a third-party program such as SimPE. This is a similar case to Agnes Crumplebottom and Jessica Peterson.
- If you use the Prints Charming Fingerprint scanner in a barely-played Pleasantview, you will find his fingerprints all over the entire neighborhood. The prints of other dead or missing sims can also be found, but Michael's are by far the most prevalent, being easily found in every playable house and some of the empty ones.
This Sim can be resurrected using the Resurrect-O-Nomitron, the genie lamp or a witch's spell.
See Resurrecting tips.
|Language||The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3|
|English||Michael Bachelor||Michael Bachelor||Michael Bachelor|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Marcelo Navarro||Miguel Solteirus||Miguel Solteirus|
|Chinese (Simplified)||迈克尔 巴奇勒|
|Chinese (Traditional)||麥可 巴克羅|
|Czech||Michael Bakalář||Michael Bakalář|
|Dutch||Vincent Vrijevogel||Vincent Vrijevogel||Vincent Vrijevogel|
|European Portuguese||Miguel Solteirão||Miguel Solteirão|
|Finnish||Mikael Vapaala||Mikael Vapaala||Mikael Vapaala|
|French||Michel Coeuraprendre||Michael Galantome||Michael Galantome|
|German||Marco Junggesell||Michael Junggesell||Michael Junggesell|
|Italian||Luca Bianco||Luca Bianco||Luca Bianco|
|Norwegian||Mikael Bastiansen||Mikael Bastiansen|
|Polish||Marek Kawaler||Michał Kawaler||Michał Kawaler|
|Russian|| Mikhail Kholostyak|
| Mikhail Kholostyakki|
| Mikhail Kholostyakki|
|Spanish||Miguel Soltero||Miguel De la Soledad||Miguel De la Soledad|
|Swedish||Michael Ungkarl||Michael Ungkarl||Mikael Ungkarl|
This article is a Featured Article. Its layout and content is an example of excellence on The Sims Wiki.
Dates featured: June 15-30, 2012.
|Milton - Enriqueta - Simis - Jocasta - Michael - Bella|