This page is for theories for the character Michael Bachelor. You are free to add your own theories of this character to this page as long as it follows The Sims Wiki's policy. You can also sign your theory by adding
Notice: Please do NOT delete the little green puzzle piece or
In The Sims 3, Michael is described as a popular teenager, in The Sims, he has few friends, in The Sims 2, there are two Michael Bachelor, both different in many ways, relations, aspiration, and zodiac. Why is there another Michael? Post your theories here.
- As of Sims 3: Generations and Supernatural there are two cloning options - the Science Facility's clone voucher, or the Alchemy Clone Drone potion. Admittedly, the latter supposedly can cause an evil twin (I've only used it once, and that was on an NPC). Michael got one of these.
- Loki and Circe tried to clone Michael, but just none of them managed to look the same! After a number of experiments they escaped. Michael I (not tan, Sims 2) married Dina, Michael II (tan, Sims 2) was hidden by Don until Don accidentally poisoned him, Michael III (The Sims) travelled back in time in an attempt to prevent the-love-of-his-life Brandi from marrying Skip, but was murdered by Darren. Skip saw it so after Darren got rid of the body he drowned Skip. His wife eventually found out so Darren killed her too. And Michael IV (the original one) was actually Darren's brother, because Jocasta had an affair with Davis, but Darren didn't find out until after he killed him too. Then Darren started stalking Cassandra Goth and is now planning to murder Don to prevent him from marrying her, and Loki and Circe took in Nervous Subject and cloned him too (explaining the other Nervous Subject). The reason why the Beakers are trying to clone is because they want to be able to have kids since Circe is infertile.
- I think the blue eyed one in The Sims 2 AND the brown eyed one in The Sims are the fake ones (the same ones). Maybe when Michael was REALLY back from college (which means Bella is finishing high school), the fake one (blue eyed) came and knocked him out. He made a costume that looks EXACTLY like the real one, but making it took 5 years. That's why in The Sims while Bella is a mother, Michael is "back from college". Later he met Dina. He liked Dina SOOO much. He even forgot to wear the Real Michael costume after he met Dina! Nobody noticed Michael was a fake. Later the fake Michael died. Everyone thought the real Michael died. The real Michael will die 15 years later in The Sims 2.
- Maxis was probably pulling what they did with making a second Bella in Strangetown. XD
- I think one is Bella's real brother, and the other is the one the tester used to marry Dina, but then again, the Chain of Memories question comes up.
- I think the Michael with the tan skin in the Sims 2 could be the real one because in the Sims 3 he is said to be Popularity and the tanned Michael in The Sims 2 has Popularity Aspiration. In the Sims 2 the lighter skinned Michael was the other Michael's Nemisis and replaced him and knocked him out which gave him amnesia, anyway, that might be rubbish, let Maxis decide.
- Huh? Since when was there a second MB? By the way, The non-tan one is the correct one. DjKiNe 01:10, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
- It could be that one of the Michaels had glitched in development or something was incomplete like Skip Broke and the 3rd Broke baby
- It's simple. Maxis screwed up yet again except this time they didn't make a cover story, like they did for Bella Goth. But if i had to agree with someone i would probably with the 2nd theory.
- My theory (because I like to work around the continuity errors to add to my storyline ;P ) is that the Michael Bachelor in 'The Sims 3 'and The Sims 2 (e.g. Bella's older brother, Dina's late husband) is Michael Bachelor Sr. The Michael Bachelor in The Sims is Michael Bachelor Jr. Michael Sr was married for a long time before his brief affair with Dina, but was either widowed or divorced around the time Michael Jr graduated from college, just before the start of The Sims. I still haven't decided how to work the two Michaels from TS2 into my story yet, but I'll keep working on it. :) Beatrice Monty 20:39, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
- If we're going by the previous theory, Michael Jr. would be 21-ish when he goes to college, so it's possible that in 4 years, Michael Sr. from TS3 aged up to a Young Adult, met Dina Caliene, had a kid, then, 21 years later, that kid went to college. On top of that, Michael Sr. is popular in TS3, which is why one of them has the Popularity aspiration and the other one, the one that went to college, has the Knowledge aspiration. On the other hand, Michael Sr. has 13 days left as an Elder, and the other has 100 days (wtf? One hundred?) left as an Elder. How could an Elder be the father of an Elder? Also, isn't it kinda strange that there's two Bellas and two Michaels? Maybe both Michael and Bella were abducted, then cloned, but both Michaels died of old age (the clone living older because it's made with alien technology...?) so the aliens brought their corpses back to Earth. I'm also beginning to accept these "time travelling" theories, after what happens to Don Lothario in Riverview in TS3, not to mention the addition of time machines in Ambitions. Actually time travelling could explain why both Michaels are Elders...
- The light skinned is the real, more would be more certain he there the popularity aspiration, more he can used the ReNuYoSenso Orb,
while it is unlikely.
- Maxis probably accidentally cloned the same character, but made different. Lol which is which?
- Twins x]
- From what I see, I believe that there's only one thing that might have happed - While creating The Sims 2, Maxis must have mistakenly deleted the original tan skinned Michael. So, to cover up the mistake and to add someone to the family tree of Bella Goth and Dina Caliente, they must have created another Michael, the light skinned one. As far as I believe, the tan skinned Michael is the r, Michael eal one judging from his traits in The Sims 3 which all point towards the popularity aspiration of The Sims 2, exactly the aspiration of the tan skinned Michael. It is completely impossible and illogical that he changed so much and became knowledge aspired person in between the timeline of The Sims 3 and The Sims 2. Moreover, the theory of Michael Sr. and Michael Jr. is completely rubbish, something like that would just ruin the whole Bachelor Family history and timeline.
- Easy. It's not like Maxis was given a millenia to create this game, so he obviuosly screwed up in some places (Juliet Capp is the middle, youngest and oldest child?), and Maxis probably screwed it up with Michael too. Besides, Michael Can't have had a son named after himself because 1) He's not that vain 2) Dina has no children to speak of, and 3) In my Sims 3 game, he always has girls (Kinda my fault, but still....).
- The Sims 3 Michael and the Elder Michael could be the same Michael, while the other Michaels are the same. Haylo Husky 06:01, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Technical explanation: someone made a mistake and it resulted in two Michaels. Story explanation: Evil Twin. Dark Michael is the "Evil" one (though he has the same personality as the Real Michael), secretly poisoned Real Michael causing premature aging and eventually killed him.
- I think that the reason why Bella is married and has children first is becuase she became a teenage mom, even though that is not possible in normal gameplay. She quit school to marry Morty and take care of her kids. Then Michael married Dina and adopted two boys and named them Michael II and Michael III. That explains the two Michael Bachelors. They took of the numerical signs after they became adults so they could live thier own lives.
- how about you ask us the questions???? and stop all these stupid rumors!!!!!!!!!!! WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SIMS BECAUSE THE MAXIS CREATOR IS OUR FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:15, April 6, 2012 (UTC)Wakefield Twins
- Dudes, chill. Here is what I think: They make the 1st Micheal Bachelor, then they make the 2nd one, not realizing they have already used that name. Or th
- The tanned Michael is the real one because his popularity aspiration fits in nicely with his personality from the Sims 3 and his eyes are brown also he looks more genetically related to Bella. So my conclusion is that they had to scrap Pleasantview to do all his relations again (which may have deleted Bella in the process).ey have possibly wanted to make a fanboy of Micheal Bachelor.
- The reason Micheal Bachelor died of "Old Age" is because Dina and Nina were experimenting with Alien technology (i.e. Elixer of Life), which is why they are so young in the game. Dina persuaded Micheal to try it, but his aspiration points were too low so it aged him forward, thus he died before Dina. (In my mind, Micheal was graduating college just as Dina was entering her final year of high school, so less squickiness.)
- Maxis decides to put a spin on Jocasta's side of the family, so that both Bella and Micheal all get something surprising for them. It carries on through Bella's children, with Cassandra being left at the altar by Don Lothario, and Alexander becoming an author, by far the most successful spin.
- The original Michael was kidnapped by the aliens(maybe Dina and Nina's relatives) and replaced by his clone. (Why? Maybe he realised Dina wants to kill him after wedding. Maybe sister's relatives just didn't like him much and replaced him secretly.) The only one who noticed the substitution was Bella Goth and that was why she was kidnapped and cloned too. (OR it's just developers' mistake but that's so boring) :)))